Register now to get rid of these ads!

1936 dodge truck motorized window cranks?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 68Dodge, Jan 15, 2020.

1. 68Dodge

68Dodge
    from Wichita

Just if anyone has changed out their manual window cranks for motorized? Unfortunately, my truck has sat outside for a long time and needs a refresh. Even the tracks and the manual window crank are gone so I have basically nothing to go off of, reason I'm asking.

I was planning on looking in the local lkq pick and pull and see if a chrysler car door would be similar to the length of the dodge truck and template the pattern of location and possibly input some modern into my door. Any suggestions would help.

2. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

I'm pretty sure there are universal power window lift kits available that include everything but the glass.
    If you don't like the appearance a modern button or switch rig the original crank handle to do just enough rotation to activate the switch hidden inside the door.
    If access into the door is limited cut access windows without fear of weakening the structure.

My older cousin and I owned the family hand me down 36 Dodge Brothers sedan in the fifties.
    The engine (burned) was lubricated with used crank case oil from a service station.
    We fiz canned the interior in a camo pattern and fitted 57 Chev. rubber front bumper (boobies) bullets in place of bumper and bracket. Painted white.......not pink.
    Porto walls was the final touch and were the only white walls in the whole neighborhood.
    Have fun with it.

3. cornfield county

cornfield county
    from Indiana