Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Car Clubs in Buffalo / Western New York

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OneRustedDodge, Jan 16, 2020.

1. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

Hi HAMBers,

I had to relocate to Buffalo / Western New York from San Diego due to a need for additional medical treatment up here. However, i am absolutely exhausted from seeing the (seemingly) muscle car-exclusive scene of the shows i've attended up here. And don't even get me started on winter.

Does anybody have any recommendations for HAMB friendly clubs out here? Trying to make it to TROG this year and could use some locals for encouragement ha

thanks,
    jon

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. BSL409

BSL409

3. Jon, tough deal relocating and trying to get connected. Did it back in '79 moving to central Fl. Took a while to get connected but one new relationship led to many more some of which I still see and visit with when down south in the off northern months. Perhaps searching for members in your location would find some friendly members that can give you some input. 2 members that come to mind quickly are @Fedcospeed and @Speedy Canuck .

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  4. I sent you a PM. I gave you a contact in Buffalo, Paul. He is a local pinstripper who is always sending out emails to the local rodders and clubs with updated events.

There are a number of Car Clubs in WNY:
    Buffalo Clutch Artists, founded in 1954
    Gasser Gang
    Lost Customs
    Rods and Customs, Buffalo. (link attached)
    Clutch Artists Car Club, NOT the same as above
    and MANY more

Watch the local publication Show and Cruise New for upcoming show and cruises.
    https://www.showandcruisenews.com/

Also PM Steve, @ModelAPunk. he is young guy who is very passionate and very active in the car culture in WNY.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Luke S. and scrap metal 48 like this.

5. Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  6. There is a winter swap meet coming up called Snow Busters put on by the local V8 club. Every Super Bowl Sunday. It is held in the Convention center on the Erie County Fairgrounds, Hamburg , NY. Very nice selection of early and later muscle.
    upload_2020-1-16_7-35-54.png

swade41 and scrap metal 48 like this.
  7. go to you tube and search Hardcore Happening.

That is a local show that happens in August and tell me if WNY is boring and nothing going on. That is a small Private show in a guys back yard

swade41 likes this.
  8. Luke S.

Luke S.
    from Ocala, Fl.

Paul is "The Man"of the hot rod scene in Buffalo. He also organizes the "Open Wheel Room" at the Buffalo Motorama show. He'll hook you up.

Sent from my VS996 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

dylan60 likes this.
  9. Sent you a pm. Rods & Customs meeting tonight if you're interested.

Art

dylan60 likes this.
  10. Hope your medical recovery is going well @OneRustedDodge

@ModelAPunk is well connected to the hotrod scene in the Buffalo area as well.

ModelAPunk likes this.
  11. Buffalo has several cruise night locations each day of the week but you are not going to find an exclusive traditional hot rod only cruise night, the closest will be the aforementioned "open wheel night" that happens about 5-6 times a year at varying cruise nights spread between Buffalo to Rochester.
    The Rod Knockers is one club that's pretty close to traditional only but it's a small group of guys spread out, modelApunk here on the HAMB is a member and would have more info.
    There are a lot of traditional cars in Buffalo but also lots of individuals just doing there own thing, that swap meet coming up is a pretty good place to find like minded people, then the two car shows in March.
    What are you into, send me a p.m. maybe you live close to someone to go for a visit to shake the cabin fever.
    Make sure and buy a "Calendar of Events" at the Calvacade car show, it lists all cruise nights, shows and swap meets for the upcoming season.
    Philip Peacock

LOST ANGEL and ModelAPunk like this.
  12. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Hey @OneRustedDodge , Would be nice to meet up someday! There are definitely a lot of cool hot rodders in Buffalo and some great shows to go to.
    We took our 1931 banger roadster to TROG this year and raced it. Keep that goal to get to TROG, it's worth it!
    Hopefully we can meet up at the cavalcade of cars show coming up. I'll also be at the snowbusters swap meet with a table. Look forward to meeting ya!
    -Steve

LOST ANGEL likes this.
  13. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

I was just Gonna say.... Gotta get ahold of Model A Punk.... Rite-On on Steve.... Cheer's

papajohn and ModelAPunk like this.