Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical T5 help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by firstinsteele, Jan 15, 2020.

1. A while back, I saw and read a post on a thread discussing T5s. In this post a fellow had made an adaptor to which the torque tube attached . The adaptor was mounted to the cross frame. The back of the transmission was not altered, I believe. the Universal joint connected the transmission to the drive line inside the adaptor. I have spent a LOT of time searching. Have read the Ultimate T 5 thread and others. Have not found it. Too dense, I suppose. If someone knows what thread it is in and can help ?

Thanks
    Ben

2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That one/those were made individually by a member.

4. 38bill

38bill
    from Minnesota

5. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Check with @Pete1 , I think he makes one.

6. THAT IS THE ONE!
    Thanks
    Ben

Aaron D. likes this.
  7. mkubacak

mkubacak

firstinsteele likes this.
  8. OK, another question. Anyone within a 100 mile radius of Wichita Falls have a Jeep T5 for sale or even one on the bench/floor I can have a looksee?

Ben

9. mkubacak

mkubacak

Car-Part shows a S10 one in Fort Worth. I would call first before you that way.

10. Thank you Sir. Only a Jeep 4x4 without the transfer case Might do what I have in Mind. Just hoping to see one in person at least for reference.

Ben

11. mkubacak

mkubacak

The Jeep one is shorter than a S10 4x4, but the S10 can be used. What exactly are you attempting to do that the S10 will not work?

You could call Collins Bros and see if they have a reman in stock that you could maybe look at. They are in Wylie just East of Plano. A little farther than a hundred miles, but you could swing by Velvet Tacos on your trip. One place I love to hit up when I am in the metromess.

12. Metromess! I like that.
    The shortness is the key. May be fantasizing, but I THINK it will work. In a '50 Buick, behind the hopped up Straight Eight retaining the torque tube.

Ben

13. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

nice rear susp as built but a real chalenge to change . right . I had one po swapped to a 9 inch with leafs . talk about a butcher job !!

14. I'll bet. That is not going to happen here. Ford boys are doing this all the time. Believe I can, too.

Ben

leon bee likes this.