Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Auto Mania--Ag Hall

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Jan 15, 2020.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Well its time for the first flea market in the area....Auto Mania, at Ag Hall in Allentown, Pa....indoor-outdoor vendors....Mother Nature looks like she is NOT going to co-operate this year....forecast for snow Saturday afternoon into Sunday morning....google Auto Mania for details and times....I am a outdoor vendor (yea I know I'm nuts) selling clean used stainless trim and misc. car parts....T-bird interiors-one complete set w/console and one back seat w/trim....grilles for customs....over 2200 pcs of trim on inventory.....stop and say Hi....its always good to see hambers….because of the weather I will not have a lot of parts out on display.....

mcsfabrication likes this.
  2. Sperduton

Sperduton
    from NJ

I go every year since it's close. Friday night. I'll be walking outside in a t shirt cause it gets so hot inside the building.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. Good people up there.....was up there for Citibank when I managed their properties.....looked around and got good car vibes from all my inquires....even though I talked funny........

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Friday-day 1...good crowd...good sales...

Attached Files:

jim snow likes this.
  6. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Saturday....day 2....opened up at 830...small crowd....closed and went home at 1030....

Attached Files:

7. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

day 3....I was hopeing for a big turnout today because of yesterdays snow storm....wrong....low turnout, loaded up and was home by 1200....you can't fight mother nature …..

Attached Files:

8. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

We went Friday after studying the weather forecast. Since the trip is over 2 hours, we stopped first at the Classic Auto Mall and looked at the 600, or so, cars for sale there. They are apparently planning another swap meet in the parking lot in April. Of course, the swap meet calendar gets crowded in April so we’ll have to wait and see the actual date.

Then we headed across the PA countryside to Allentown, arriving about 30 minutes after the doors opened at noon. To my surprise, the line to get in was still draped across the parking lot. Thankfully the line moved quickly and we squeezed our way into the building. The small building and large number of early folks creates a shoulder to shoulder feel for the first hour or so, but shopping was fun for the first swap meet of 2020.

Since there are a limited number of vendor spaces, there is a certain degree of stagnation- you know: the same guy in the same space with the same stuff. We were lucky enough to bump into Bill Miller, Jr. (Founder Of Carlisle Events) and I put in a pitch for a larger venue. Clearly, there is enough interest to support a larger event- one where no one would be vending outdoors!

Let’s hope AutoMania 2021 moves to a much larger place!

9. fleetside66

fleetside66

Chevsotolac is one of the last hard men, to sell his stuff outside in conditions like Saturday. Even Friday was no picnic. He's a trooper & a great guy that loves the hobby.

However, after handing over a 10 spot, I was once again underwhelmed by what I saw inside. A great percentage of the tables were the usual new tools (grinding descs, chip brushes, etc.), a lot of non auto related clothes (two tables with political garb), model cars, car care products. "Auto" Mania is a misnomer, for sure. That's finally it for me.

lothiandon1940 likes this.