Register now to get rid of these ads!

34Larry.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 34Larry, Jan 13, 2020.

1. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Thanks for staying. I've had posts deleted and my car isn't hamb friendly. I still like the site.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  2. 34Larry

34Larry

:):):):):):):):):):)
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  3. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

At least you don't have a brake drum air cleaner.

4. 34Larry

34Larry

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  5. 34Larry

34Larry

Nope my brake drums ARE air cleaners. LOL OH LOL

6. 34Larry

34Larry

Knowing the site like I do, there will probably be more posts, positve, & negitive, I think I've explained myself enough.
    I'll be enjoying from the dark corners.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  7. so your not going to post ? but still lurk ? I don't get it...I remember when I first started posting as a newbie . I got some flak from guys about certain things.. I chalked it up as a education.. I look at my 36 and all the ideas I came away with from the site here . You have a nice car, but it's more Street Rod.. and I get were the mods are coming from.. suck it up keep posting... and contribute...

Hombre, hotrodjack33 and -Brent- like this.
  8. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

But he’s got radial tires!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. well it is your choice... so flick the dark corner switch.. and that's to bad just because your car not being accepted in the "General Area" remember what the site is about .The Jalopy Journal | Preaching the gospel of traditional ...

10. So does this mean that the line is drawn in the sand? So any car with a T350 trans or T5 doesnt get posted on here?
    One of my biggest pet peeves is a 4 bar front end in a fenderless car, along with fat radial tires... but the 4 Bar was invented in like 1971 by Lil John Battera I believe, or he made it popular. So shouldnt it be traditional? Cuz thats dang old!
    34Larry your a great addition to this place, stick around, post, add you knowledge man. Dont hide out, but dont get miffed if your pics of your Jag ifs gets deleted or someone jokes about it being a billet machine or whatever.
    Dang people, we all are here for the love of traditional hot rods and Kustoms, err sorry maybe its Customs for some of you politically correct folks Lets all show respect for one another, help each other out, lift each other up, enjoy this place and meet cool friends from all over this planet! We aint all perfect and social media has so much negativity already, dont let it infest here!
    Life is too short to get bent about someones elses opinion... pick up a grinder or do a burnout and fuck em all!

-Shiny

Lil32 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some of you just flat never get the message including 34Larry and I can't tell if 29EHV8 is posting in jest or asking honest questions.
    To me Larry's car is pure Goodguys front row Streetrod and no where close to a traditional hot rod. Hell for nice looking car but too many things on it just flat don't fit in with the criteria of the board and so be it and end of story. Bitching and whining every six months about it not being accepted isn't ever going to get it accepted.
    Transmission choice doesn't affect the visual appearance of the vehicle and if a guy is sliding under your ride to bitch about what transmission you have and he isn't the Tech inspector at Trog or one of the other all parts earlier than ____ or no go races it shouldn't be an issue.
    The engine had better look appropriate when you open the hood for show and tell though.
    As it was done in 71 isn't traditional no matter how young you are or if you turned 16 in 1971. That is a whole different era and build style. I sure don't want to see 71 though 78 hot rod build styles come back into vogue as some of that stuff wasn't something a lot of us who were there want to remember. The uncut 60 something Olds rear axles under Model A or 32 Fords with the N 50 tires sticking six inches outside the fenders just doesn't do much for me now but that was pretty well the norm then.

my2nd40, Desoto291Hemi, LM14 and 4 others like this.
  12. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Amazing that jag stuff that has been around before 65 is taboo and a T5 isn’t. I am building a 39 Buick coupe now and putting a jag IFS and IRS in it that nobody will see but no way will I post the build here.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  13. Wonder if the thread about a deleted thread can get the featured badge?
    That would be cool

14. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Who wants popcorn?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas... this site has focused on traditional hot rods and customs for 26 years now. We haven't changed any rules and have no plans to do so.

If you aren't into traditional hot rods and customs, this site isn't for you. It's not a personal vendetta. It's an editorial decision that we made over two decades ago.

16. 1934 Ford with a traditional front suspension, notice the simplicity and how smoothly everything goes together, the car appears to look as though it was built before the modern era, Rocky had a vision and that was to build a traditional car.

[​IMG]

Larry's 1934 Ford was built to be a street rod with all the slick and exotic parts available, no holes barred, the IFS, IRS and the one off wheels, it's just not traditional.

I'm not knocking Larry's coupe but had he restored the car to it's original show car configurations, that would have fit in like a glove. HRP

[​IMG]

17. A Boner

A Boner

Would like to see Ryan start a Rod & Custom website, with the members policing themselves...(for the most part). We need something to fill the void, with the demise of the print media. Someone should do it, and I would like to see Ryan to get first shot!

Lil32 and oldiron 440 like this.
  18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

While I do enjoy other genres of cars, I don't have a huge passion for things like contemporary hot rods, modern cars, late models, etc... and you can't really do this day in and day out without passion. Like a real obsession... I've tried... it doesn't work for me.

So instead, I try my best to stay consistent, well mannered, and focused on the things I have passion for. Obviously, a lot of people don't share those same passions. I'm totally cool with that... and have been for 26 years.

I'm super happy with the direction of this joint and have no interest in changing or doing something else.

19. ditto to what you said... I have threads deleted in the past and for good reason.. and never complained about it.. Ryan thank you for a great site. Keep up the great work... thank you Mods for all your work as well deleting all the off topic stuff..

Stogy, Moriarity, Thor1 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Hombre

Hombre

These threads always get to me a little, what is so hard for a few to understand is a little hard to take. It would appear that 34 larry does in fact understand what is and is not cool here on the HAMB, I disagree completely with his decision not to post but hey that's for him to decide. For the other guys that are so adamant about what should be allowed here, the rules are real simple-read them and see what part you don't understand. Some guys are acting like it is a personal thing against them. I don't believe that is the case, man they are just rules but they do need to be followed.

Ryan and the Moderators are not asking or telling anyone that they have to like the rules just that everyone has to abide by the damn things. How hard is that to understand? If for what ever reason the rules are just to hard for you to stomach then take your toys and go find a place that allows those toys. That has been repeated dozen of times and still guys want to piss and moan about it. It's like you are invited to a friends home and when you get there the guy is listening to oldies on the radio, and you ( as the guest) say: man I don't like oldies, get up go over to "HIS" stereo and change the station over to heavy medal music. How do you think that would go over? A feller wouldn't want to try that at my house, so why in the hell do you cat's seem to think it is OK here on the HAMB?

Look it's just this simple--It's Ryan's house! He gets to pick the music...

21. Yeah,,,I’m pretty confident he has read the rules and fully understand them.
    And he is probably still a really nice guy,,,,and even Ryan is courteous and polite about it.

Rule #1,,,,,The rules are very clear and to the point ,,also Ryan owns the place !
    Rule #2,,,,If there is any doubt about what direction to go in,,,,,,,..,See Rule #1 .

Tommy

22. Yes Ryan was courteous and polite about it. I'm not sure (34Larry) really did... just saying.
    maybe he will have a change of heart and once he thinks it over.. but who knows...

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  23. It's been said over & over, "The Hamb ain't for everybody"

The Hamb has a enormous appeal on a global scale and people want to be a part of it because of it's presence on the internet but the focus is so very narrow they don't realize it until they have joined and started posting off topic cars thinking anything goes.

This is when some lash out and cry foul and start suggesting that Ryan change the well oil machine that has worked just fine for the last 26 years or so.

Viva La Hamb.

HRP

24. that's it is... yes Viva La HAMB...

25. Your exactly right Danny,,and Rob,

It is this way because Ryan and his moderators do an excellent job.
    And,,,they are fair,,,,they sometimes even allow some bending of the rules,,,very slightly.
    If I am ever off base,,,I certainly hope they give me a heads up,,,,that way I would know not to do it again.
    I was pointed to a thread from a while back and after reading it,,,realized what the problem was.
    My eyes were instantly open,,,and then I knew .
    And I support them completely,,,nothing personal against the other guy.
    Rules are rules,,,,,Ryan keeps this place in line,,,that’s why it’s still the King.

I just wish I had the funds to build a traditional hot rod right now.
    Someday,,,I am still trying,,,,,and yes it will have all the correct parts.
    They just look so cool to me !

Tommy

26. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Now that is a sharp looking car. What is not to like about '34 set up like that.

kidcampbell71 likes this.