Register now to get rid of these ads!

Auveco differences

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5window, May 3, 2013.

1. 5window

5window

Trying to figure out how the Auveco 808 clip differs from the 807 and which would be best for 3mm foamboard and 1/16 metal brace thickness. Any clues? Thanks.

2. hoop98

hoop98
    from Texas

Just the pics;

[​IMG]

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am not going to be much use on the subject because I don't have part numbers BUT I will say that I ordered the kind that most people use and found out that I needed longer ones to compensate for the extra foam and Tuck & Roll. I think I ended up getting some from a 54 Ford from Dennis Carpenters?

My experience was initially I was trying to get the panel to stay air tight up against the door and it since they were under so much tension when I went to slam the door shut, they'd pop off. The longer ones allowed for some movement and less tension. They are tight enough to look like a job well done but not enough that you're going to have them or at least half pop off as people shut your door.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'll see if I can't get some part numbers.

5. 5window

5window

Thanks. Trying to figure out the irregularities of the inside qtr panel-irregularities of the headliner as well as the curve on the inside corner and the angle outward of the entire body-I think it might be more than a single night project! I had to come in and think some more.

6. Do you have a paint and body jobber close by? They usually carry the clips and if they do they will have a board with samples of most of them on it so you can see what they are like.

7. Try an upholstery supply. They might sell you a couple to try. I have used the ones pictured but don't like them. Hard to install and don't stay very good. Easy is the Christmas tree type like the modern cars use.

8. 5window

5window

Interesting-most of the replies have gavored these over most of the others. Haven't found a Christmas tree clip I can do "blind" and while I got a few clips at a car show to try, there's no good supplier near here and the 2 upholstery shops are not helpful or friendly and WAY over priced-ie they wanted to charge me about the same price for a quart of sprayable adhesive that I bought a gallon on line -including the shipping. I may have to bite the bullet and just order some and try them.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  10. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

As I have said ,I use 808 almost exclusively. The grip range and shape work well. In almost 50 years I have never had a panel come loose, as long as the panel fits and the hole is the right size . The metal can't be double thick in most instances. The panel must fit tight against the metal. I have used over 1000 in the last few months. I know we aren't supposed to mention that auction site but I believe they can be bought there. Auveco will not sell without a special big order. Fastenal here says they can get Auveco. I buy from my supplier, But they are wholesale only. Get a pic up of what your doing and between all of us We can guide you. Jack

harpo1313 likes this.
  11. 5window

5window

12. If you need something deeper this is Auveco 1202. Head diameter 17/32", prong length 1", for 1/4" hole.

Attached Files:

13. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Here is a sample of 808 and 1202 in use

Attached Files:

stanlow69 likes this.
  14. 5window

5window

Thanks for the photos. Forget Dixieland Distributors. They have a great box price-less than $7, but want $22.95 to ship, what, a pound? Perfectfit.com has the fasteners for just over $7 and shipping/handling is $8.95

15. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

5window, At one time I bought Au-Ve-Co Products from B & A Supply Company in Atlanta, Ga. 1-800-273-7495 or 1-770-455-7495 You can ask to speak to Scott or Steve Wehunt. Their old catalog states that the can special order any product produced by Au-Ve-Co if it is not in their current stock.
    When I last purchased from them it was cash and carry to Ray's Customs. Prior to that Van Atlanta, Leer Customs and Road Craft Vans.
    If you need any more assistance send a PM...................... Thanks, Jeff

16. 69supercj

69supercj

I know this is a really old thread but I've been searching around for kick panel trim clips and I'm going with the metal wire style like the Auveco 808's. My question is this. I've got several of the Ford style of wire clips that have a longer dog leg or "foot" that holds them in place but you have to offset drill your holes like 3/8ths or an inch or so. The 808's that Auveco calls Chrysler style looks like you dont have to compensate for the foot offset. Am I right in this? So if so I can just drill the holes in my kick panel trim pieces, lay them up to the vehicle and just mark the holes off of the holes in the trim panel and they should line up perfectly?

17. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Yes you are right

stanlow69 likes this.
  18. 5window

5window

Yes, but "perfect;y" is a relative term.

19. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I use the 3 different ones circled. Depending on the depth needed. Scan0904.jpg