Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical My banger Roadster coming to life!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nosetime, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Well, I dropped the body on this weekend and can see the finish line ahead! Thanks to the IMG_1765.jpeg IXLMsEiKR8mctGOPZouaLw.jpg WDY5AK5BSZ2yTltS2UkoPQ.jpg help from guys here. Greg

hfh, Stogy, clunker and 6 others like this.
  2. a couple more tBG1D4HgQRa8wpKQRPtcaQ.jpg fullsizeoutput_7cc.jpeg

hfh, a boner, Stogy and 9 others like this.
  3. Hmm, I don't see anything that looks stupid, so I'm in to see what you do. Digging' it, so far.

4. Ha ha, thanks Phil. That is the best comment I could have hoped for! My dad will love that.

5. Going to have to running for FAST in Santa Margarita? It's banger heaven, you know.
    *JUNE 29

F.A.S.T. Santa Margarita Ranch Time Trials – 1/10th Mile – Santa Margarita – gates open at 8:00 a.m. - open to 1934 and older cars & trucks, must have a Ford Model T, A or B engine to compete, other pre-’34 4 cyl. Engine cars may compete for time only – Special Parking area for hot rods, street rods, customs, special interest cars Pre ‘67 - For info: David or Tim @ [email protected]

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks great!

7. railcarmover

railcarmover

Work like that used to be call 'sano'.a compliment on the cleanliness of the build is in order here.Sensible engine upgrades too,my only issue is with raw speed,you missed a few horsepower by not power by not polishing the cylinder head..

[​IMG]

barrnone50 and mdimages like this.
  8. cobra5laddict

cobra5laddict
    from denver

I like it! What size rubber are you running?

9. Thanks Guys! I am running 7.50 on rear with mercury wheels and 5.50 front on ford wheels. Ha Ha Rail, I sort of pondered polishing stuff, but decided to just get a running car together first. Hopefully, I get my vintage Mallory distributor back from Bubba in the next couple of weeks and finish off the engine. Hope to be rolling by June.

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Simplicity at its finest...The look of the yesteryear is shaping up nicely...I'm sure its bringing a smile to your face along with a heck of a lot of anticipation...great job @Nosetime

11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stogy said "yesteryear".
    Yeah...way yesteryear.
    Like when my father was just a twinkle in my grandfather's eye!
    Neat. :)

12. rusty valley

rusty valley

your car looks great, but i see you got the same goofy tires from coker like me. the front tread pattern is different from the back even though the were both sold as "firestone delux champions', and they have that big ridge cast in the side wall that the last champions i bought did not have. i am too lazy to fight them, and they are mounted up and i hope to wear em out. keep at it, you will be on the road soon-happy motoring

13. mdimages

mdimages

Nice car! What you running for a carb? 97, 81, ?

14. 51 mercules

51 mercules

15. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Great looking car. Who built your engine? I'm not a banger person but am thinking of doing one. What is the best motor? It'll be in a deuce.

16. Hey guys, thanks for the props. Running a Stromberg 97 from a vintage sprint car.. alcohol converted carb. I used the really cool originall SP top and modified base sans choke. It is finicky to start in the cold! I massaged this engine together from scratch to get a running car. Hand fitted swap meet rear main, swap meet H&H G7 cam, Reds Header, old Super Winfield and Ansen intake. Lightened flywheel, V8 clutch. I have yet to install my Mallory YA-11 Bubba did for me. She runs like a bat out of hell....for how long, we shall see.? I am going to baby this until I finish the rest of the car. Greg

barrnone50 likes this.
  17. A Boner

A Boner

Very nice Hot Rod you are building there!