Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hey Ryan, can we help Pat G The Tall Guy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redo32, Jan 7, 2020.

1. redo32

redo32

Like many others here I subscribe to Pat's Rod & Custom newsletter and on his latest posting he intoned he would like to see more guys subscribe. Pat has a long time dedication of collecting print and images of the Golden Age of Hot Rodding. Things that we are interested in and want to continue to see. Most of us followed Pat in his career at the various magazines and his own publications and now that print is dead Pat is willing to share his vast knowledge with us for free on the internet. Even though he claims to be retired.

Ryan, can you arrange to post his newsletter here in it's entirety? Post it as a sticky or a Featured post so the highest number of members get a chance to see it? Pat can see the view count and know that we all appreciate him. Thanks, Red

curbspeed, hidez57, charleyw and 10 others like this.
  2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

3. Bttt

Phil

Stogy likes this.
  4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm not familiar with it, but I'd be happy to check it out! @pgan holla at me.

Tim, Stogy, charleyw and 3 others like this.

5. catdad49

catdad49

"Too Tall" Ganahl. Good stuff on there, Ryan.

Stogy and hidez57 like this.
  6. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

Subscribed!

Stogy likes this.
  7. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

Hey Ryan, I'm so computer unsavvy I don't even know if this is the best way to reply, but I'll give it a try. To check out any of my "columns" (there are 40+ at this point), just go to www.PatGanahl.com. Posting any of them here on the H.A.M.B. would be repetitious. I'd much rather have people go to my site, read them there, and hopefully subscribe to get new ones every couple of weeks. But what has really helped are two threads already posted here (search PGAN and Ganahl) started by HAMBers--not me!--telling readers to check it out and subscribe. This has produced plenty of response, for which I am very thankful. I of course will continue to post my own personal comments, photos, and build threads here on the H.A.M.B. as I have for many years now. Thanks for the support.
    Pat G.

8. catdad49

catdad49

Hey Pat, when you get some free time could you tell us more about your (wife's) '34 sedan? Thanks, Carp.

9. A Boner

A Boner

https://patganahl.com/ Click on this, then click on each picture to see articles

Click on subscribe at top of page to actually join.....it's FREE!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. I too would like to have it here as a regular feature.

11. We appreciate you Pat.

Blue One, Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I feel we're in the presence of royalty...at the very least. one of Hot Roddings heros

Blue One and Stogy like this.
  13. subscribed, have a few of his books as well... great stuff … Thank you Pat !

14. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I have only one of his books, however, I gave him a copy of this one. 29 pages on the build of his Track Roadster, no text, all pictures. He stands "TALL" in the Hot Rod Journalism ranks, and is a good friend ! IMG_3787.JPG IMG_3791.JPG

15. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

Thankyou Marty. And thanks for all your excellent work. I am, in fact, working on the car today, since the '33 is at the upholsterer's.
    Your good friend,
    Pat Ganahl

16. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Just got done read'n your latest story in my email. I tried to reach you through your email there but it doesn't seem to work. I've seen that Sports Illistrated cover many times and wondered the story. You have filled in the blanks and more Please keep up the good work, I look forward for more. Thanks , Mike

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.