Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The 2020 List: What you gonna do? Where you gonna go?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Hahahaha.. No...... a fellow club member has a Water Heater powered car.... He needs a Push.

2. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

well after reading all of these, i realize you guys are all nuts, with all these dam project cars!:eek::rolleyes: i only have 4 project cars going! shit! anyway im trying to stay on them this year and get caught up! yea right! slow down on the road trips! yea right!:cool:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. I have a new carburetion setup I wanna try on my coupe. I have a list of stuff to do on it over the winter. I'd like to drive it to the HAMB drags again.....driven it down there twice already. Got some house stuff to accomplish this summer also.

4. trollst

trollst

Going to bonneville......it IS gonna happen.

5. Me too going to Bonneville , might stay on the mainland and go to a few big car events after Bonneville .

neverdun, Boneyard51 and 29EHV8 like this.
  6. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I have to get my 38 at least road worthy by October. That's when we have our local fall festival and every year my son ask if the trucks gonna be ready for the parade. Hes not gonna be 6 forever and I sure want him to have those memories of cruising down main street with Dad. I'm getting closer every day.

7. Going to March Meet... in March (well duh!) and Le Mans Classic in July, maybe Goodwood Revival in September.

Boneyard51 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. sololobo

sololobo

Oh man, I see a cool Burbon in progress, I am so smitten with these rides, good luck on a finish to get some road action with it.

9. sololobo

sololobo

Hey buddy, if you decide to go flathead our gang has three blocks one pretty complete and two others partial, early ones, come and get'em if ya want'em.

10. sololobo

sololobo

Pissed at flatheads huh, sounds like a friend who spent big bucks to get 170 horsepower and got their doors blown off by a stock 350 chevy v/8 in their buddies rig.

11. Fix a small rad leak and clean up the wiring in the '30 in time for Jalopyrama
    Work on getting the interior finished
    Going to Detroit Autorama
    TROG as a spectator, but I may set a goal of getting there and back in the '30 (there has to be a "back way" there right?)
    Hershey
    Start colleting parts for a project I been kicking around in my head.
    Chappy

12. sololobo

sololobo

My game plan for 2020 is as follows, I turn 77 this year so it is the Lucky #7 tour, just got the frame straightened on my 64 Chevy c-10, (Ms. Verla Kay), and a new 283 hot motor replacing my 350 that gave up returning from the Greaserama Show last fall. Adding an Edelbrock air gap manifold and a new Edelbrock carb plus a new HEI and heavy spark plug wire kit. Also, have exhaust wrap for the pipes under the cab in an effort to cool that oven down. Our troops, The South Omaha Turds Car Gang is proud to be doing Our Jam'n Gears Lucky #7 event on Sun. Aug. 23rd at the G. I. Forum grassy knolls. This fundraiser for the Forum's Scholarship fund for music and art students is a super fun event. This year our music line up of 6 great groups feature The Mezcal Brothers rockabilly show, these guys have been inducted in the Nebraska Music Hall of Fame. An interesting variety of music includes honky-tonk, country, blues, and zydeco. We have a great art show featuring car culture style work with our featured artist "Jigger", Mark Ervin showing his sweet art. This is a family friendly event with FREE entry for the public. We are also offering FREE entry for motorcycles and cars. The event kicks off at 10:00 a.m. with parking availability, and the other segments rock at high noon. Come bring your interesting old car/truck, motorcycles, looking to see some cool pedal bicycles as well. See ya there!

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You know what, if this Suburban was sitting in your shop and the money was in my hands WE would be more than "smitten", I could actually finish my roadster then.

14. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

My goals for the year;
    1. Lone Star Roundup- to and from safely
    2. Get the Safari up and running to sell
    3. Get the 54 F100 finished to sell.
    4. Not die

Boneyard51, trollst and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I'll just do what feels like the right thing at the time.

16. First of all and most importantly I've got to finish my 16 year old Grandsons o.t. '69 El Camino SS. We've been working on it for two years now. Fired it up, for the first time, this past Sunday. Plan on getting some cosmetic stuff done to the '51 Olds.
    Going to meet tambasher, my Nephew, at Dewey again in May for the "StrayKat 500" and go to "Lead Aint Dead" in September. In between, we'll play it by ear!

17. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

29EHV8, curbspeed and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. Phoenix24

Phoenix24

Sell some of the things I've accumulated from my car and get that thing running. It's going to be fun driving it more and more and working on everything that comes up and learning everything along the way

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. 6sally6

6sally6

Snowman.........you do the Run-to-the-Sun deal in March?
    6sally6

chryslerfan55 and jim snow like this.
  20. jim snow

jim snow

Yes. But I’m gonna wait to see what the weather is before registering. Snowman

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. Oh MAN! I almost forgot about this......Dale invited me and I REALLY want to attend at least part of this event with my coupe...

Boneyard51, NINE INCH, 29EHV8 and 2 others like this.
  22. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Work my ass off and try to get a couple of credit cards and my semi truck paid off, if I can keep the damn thing out of the shop. If I get enough of a tax refund I'm going to get my transmission built for the Lincoln and try to get it back on the road this year. Might take the wife's OT Firebird to a few local shows.

23. longhorizon

longhorizon

1) Get my Duett back on the road and running. Hit a deer 2 years ago, got the body work done, then every 'maintenance' project turned into a disaster - flush / change brake fluid caused master cylinder to fail. Change fan belt and noticed I need an alternator conversion, etc. Getting closer now and hope to be running by the end of the month. 2) Get permits to build a new 3 car garage (Yahoo!) next to our house. 3) Do a custom wooden dash that I've been thinking about for 15(!) years. My good friend who is a world-class shipwright suggested I use his shop for that. No way I'll pass up that offer. Good times and great advise anticipated. (And of course, go to work and take care of / spend time with my family).

24. What am I going to do in 2020? That is the question? Well, in no particular order, Drive the wheels off my F-100, attend bonneville, go to the GNRS,try to get to the Detroit Autorama, get to a drag race, hug Ms. Linda ( what? Youse guys would do the same thing).

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

25. Yes, This is going to be my summer. 4 days putting on the Hotrod-a-rama then Nightfire Pepsi Nationals following it and then to Bonneville for a few days. Please check out our website and sign up. It's all you would ever want out of a hotrod adventure. See you there. Dale ----www.hotrodarama.us

26. Uh ya? I did. Now go to the website and sign up so you are committed.

27. Getting an open wheel hot rod on the road, first time in years and can not wait!
    Finishing up a few things on my Merc Crewlcab...
    Coffins Poker Run June 6th Weekender.
    Hot Rod Arama (fuckin eh!) then afterwards were cruising the back roads and camping, checking out old towns on our way to Bonneville! It will be my first time, finally!
    We may hit the Boise drags too!
    If anyone wants to join us on the backroads cruise / campin to B'ville get hold of me!

NINE INCH and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. fuzzface

fuzzface

I am going to join my buddies, get off the hamb, finish a few projects and BUILD SOMETHIN'

see how long I can stay away from here. bye

29. Lil32

Lil32

we are booked to visit the USA again 2020
    should sell up and move over as we spend so
    much time in USA,our friends tell us to move
    maybe they want to get rid of us

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  30. Goodguys Puyallup for sure... plenty of swap meets coming up .. Need to get my 2020 car show guide..
    Great little book that a guy sells here at swaps...List pretty much what happening in the PNW and other events around the summer...

Lil32 and chryslerfan55 like this.