Register now to get rid of these ads!

The State Of Things in 2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Just think .. the leading purveyor of ancient, internal combustion automotive technology, is a svengali of computational physical machine & logical software.

My hat is off to you. Such a sharp fellow.

Cob' hit on insurance already. Any luck there at all ? Even if after the fact ? Or just eat it all on the front & back end ... on the the year to end tax schtuff' ?

On another note .. it pains me immensely to know your mother is taking the brunt of life at the moment. I sure hope this passes as quickly as possible for her. I'm sure this is quite the event for everyone in your family.

God bless man. Need some, and deserved.

Sancho likes this.
  2. catdad49

catdad49

And....a Happy New Year to You! First thing, Hope your Mom is feeling better. All other things, we Know you Got This! I'm Sure that there are plenty of Us that would if we could, Carp.

3. wicarnut

wicarnut

Speedy recovery for your Mom. The Lightning, My Condolences, Been There, Done That, it hit the transformer for my Tool & Die shop and took out everything, most expensive was computers on the CNC machines, everything in shop electrical fried, back in early 90's, nothing backed up, did not know about surge protectors for entire shop protection or insurance Lightning protection rider for shop equipment, a very expensive lesson, invested in all the protection, never was tested. Had my "Up Nort" weekend getaway home hit, fortunately we were not there, hit ground near house, followed propane line into house and blew furnace up and again every electrical item toasted. Then that house got the protection, but I did forgot to unplug the cable for TV and have lost a few TVs. Honestly, Lightning scares me, in Wisconsin we get plenty of it and know several people that tell stories about watching it bounce around in their screen room or house, I have not had that experience yet and I will sit in my screen room and watch it, the beauty of it fascinates me.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  4. NoSurf

NoSurf

Hope your Mom is feeling and getting better.

Sorry to hear about the lightning and electrical issues also.

Sending some good vibes your way.

5. Your end of 2019 sounds similar to my 2006-2007. I can say with confidence that the smoke clears and life goes on. I'll be praying for your mom's speedy and full recovery.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

So update...

Backups are about 25% complete now... It's taking forever. BUT, I have verified that the only data I lost was on my desktop... and nothing all that important was there.

RELIEF.

7. Good to hear. A crazy little thing. First let me say that I've never been a computer person. My old PC usually stays logged on the HAMB most of the time. My wife has her own laptop. So mine is logged in even if I'm not. I just touched my mouse and { Rayan's } profile page appeared.???I never looked up your,{ Ryan's} profile page, or ever had for that matter. So I hit the { recent activity } and saw this thread. Anyhow, sorry to here of your run of bad luck in 2019. I'll keep your mom in my prayers, { I believe in prayer.} I hope you, and the rest of you HAMB'ers have a blessed and Happy New Year. Drive the Hot Rods as much as you can in 2020. :) Ron....

bowie likes this.
  8. toml24

toml24

A number of years ago in Costa Mesa, CA there was a electrical storm, sort of a "once in a hundred year" storm. There was dry lighting, no rain, and a ground strike very near my apartment. I've never heard anything as deafining as that lighting ground strike. Truly remarkable. Once in a lifetime was good enough for me.

9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

There is lot of Data to update.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Geezus man! Good move on the nightly data backup. You got me thinking about my own situation. Glad your mom's doing better. Hopefully it's a sign that 2020 will be a good year and you're just getting all the shitty stuff out of the way upfront.

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I’m almost back in the game. New machine 1 is on the network and running. Two more to go and then it’s just a waiting game for the backup process to finish.

Attached Files:

12. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery for your Mom. Most people only get the one. I'm sure you're going to hammer out the business side of things. Keep on keeping on!

13. raven

raven

Best wishes for your mother’s recovery and yours as well.
    The funny part thing is that a low level current will help the bones mend together better.
    Doc did that to me both times I broke my ribs. Rain, lightning? Better than the three tornadoes I survived...
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I spy Sooner pride ..... cool to peek into the Inner Sanctum

15. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

sorry bud for all the problems! hope mom is on the mend! got to get better!

kidcampbell71 and Spoggie like this.
  16. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Im Glad Boss your almost fully back up and running