Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical The thread on epoxy paint??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flathead Youngin', Dec 30, 2019.

1. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

I found a thread on epoxy paint the other day. It was an industry insider giving lots of advice on paint/fillers/primer coatings. For the live of me, I can't find the thread again...I thought I marked it.....

It has been several years back...

2. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Bingo!

Thanks man!

K13 likes this.
  3. I know the guy
    Super cool and helpful
    He even sells lacquer if you guys need some
    He has some no name products that I love. Tried his “cheap” epoxy and urethane primer. Liked it.
    Also some good low priced enamels and urethane paints.
    He carries more well known products as well including just about any type of body shop material available.

4. rzzmills

rzzmills

Do you know how to contact PaintGuru? His URL does not seem to connect.

anthony myrick likes this.
  5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

@rzzmills I personally have had WAY better expeirences with Tammy at Tamco paints. Ive used products from both. If you want more information on my personal experience DM me.

6. Send him a pm(conversation)

7. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

He was VERY quick to reply to my PM and VERY informative...answered all my rookie questions- not even knowing if I was going to spend $$….

8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

So he still replies? I sure wish he would get back on the board and continue to educate us mere mortals!

Flathead Youngin' likes this.
  9. Let me see if I can locate a contact.

10. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Just received an PM this AM from him. I encouraged him to continue with his turtorials for all of our benefit.

11. Sun State Distributors but this probably wont help much. Its a supplier for body shops, not a retail place. (seems that way)
    he sends us a pricing sheet and we order from that.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. I think that's it but he always said it was his wife's company. I think he does the paint manufacturing thing and does sales and she runs the distribution side.

All his classes were held here:

Quality Coating Supply LLC
    220 Avenue C
    Carrollton GA 30117
    678-982-7820

I believe this is his website for the paint side of things.
    http://www.colorbydesigninc.com/choose-MiniMix7.cfm

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  13. Paint Guru

Paint Guru
    from Bowdon, GA

I'm still alive!! Unfortunately Gearhead didn't have a great experience (mainly because I let someone else handle mixing the wrong paint to start with and it was the chemist that mixed it! I have no excuse lol)
    I handle wholesale and technical for the Southeast USA (selling to paint stores/training body shops etc) my wife owns a retail store Quality Coating Supply Bowdon GA 678-982-7820 our website person sucks so we just gave up on a website for now. But welcome to call her. We have some regular guys off HAMB that calls.... (I think a few call just to listen to the southern accent). If you guys have any questions please send me a message. Our paint lines have grew so fast and so quick that I stay on the road constantly and don't have as much time to post technical articles.

And as most of you guys know, I'm not on here to sell paint, I try to make sure guys follow proper procedures. Most all products perform very well, some products have advantages over others. We test, spray, time, buff and do blind testing on most every product out there, but what one painter in South Georgia swears by, that same product in North Carolina the painter will tell me how shitty it looks etc. So the more I know about your shop temperature, humidity, spray equipment the better I can suggest products that "should" work for you. But if there were 1 perfect paint system, I'd be out of a job.

I did however get the wife's car finished this past year finally.... here's a few pics. We took to a couple car shows and it's been pretty consistent that something has messed up every time we've took it out
    20191002_073259.jpeg 20190612_112641.jpeg 20190517_145658.jpeg 20190517_165744.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Sandgroper and K13 like this.