Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Pgan - Use it or lose it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boatmark, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Boatmark

Boatmark

Just read thru Pat’s latest blog, which was his take on the long list of magazine titles recently lost. Along with changes in the digital world, he points out that without support from the masses, most things fade away - even him!

The strong intimation (if not outright statement) was that without subscribers defining its worth, he would not put the considerable time and effort into producing his blog. And I don’t think I’m the only one that would consider that a tragedy.

So, consider this the firing of the warning flare! Love him, hate him, agree or disagree with him, he is a valuable historian and essayist for the traditional Rod & Custom hobby we all love.

We need a HAMB subscription drive. Sign up, show your support, and let Pat know he’s not wasting his time.

(Ok, soap box closed)

Charlie K, williebill, AVater and 2 others like this.
  2. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

3. catdad49

catdad49

I have subscribed since the beginning. Pat, Like many others that have been around awhile, has an opinion on many of the aspects of our hobby based on his experiences. He tells like it is, agree or disagree, after all, it is his opinion. Sign Up Now!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I read him today and sent to several friends. Hope it helps.

5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Have you ever had a hero that you hated?
    Meaning I was jealous of his work because I wanted to do it also, but he was much better than I could ever be.
    For me that was Pat,,, he always seemed to have the right 'big' words and he could take pictures.
    Ever time I ran into to him at shows I would say hello, like about 5,000 others, but I was just a free-lancer and he was 'Staff'.
    I just subscribed to his blog to show support,,, for a hero of mine.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  6. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I remember him calling Garlits, "Large Father". I call Pat, "Tall Cool One" !

KoolKat-57, catdad49 and Stogy like this.
  7. Signed up from the beginning. Spread the word!

catdad49 and Stogy like this.
  8. You need to subscribe if you have any interest in the history of our hobby.

Phil

9. After reading the post I found I have book market Pat's site a few years ago although I had deleted the constant emails. HRP

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    KoolKat-57 likes this.
  10. Boatmark

Boatmark

11. catdad49

catdad49

Danny, have them all saved if you want any.

12. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

I , also subscribed today. I agree, a very knowledgeable and valuable individual to our hobby. We need to keep him in the game!

13. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

I've read some of Pat's posts in the past but never signed up, until now. :) Thanks for the reminder to do so.

14. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Been there from the first one.

15. Yup, I look forward to every one!

16. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

It's even simpler: just go to www.PatGanahl.com and you should get 40+ lead photos with headings for each column. Click on it to see that column. Under the heading click on SUBCSRIBE to to so. All it takes is your email address. If you have any problem subscribing, email [email protected] for assistance.
    And Thanks!
    Pat G.