Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone tell me what this is from and what it’s worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Holiwood1, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I better clarify. More simply put...

If I asked someone I didn't know and who didn't know me for help, I wouldn't blame them or anyone else if they pointed out that I hadn't even offered my name or my hand.

Or ignored me completely.

Or maybe even sent me in the wrong direction LOL

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Budget36 likes this.
  2. williebill

williebill

Popcorn ? Ice cream? Dang, guys I started my New Years diet yesterday...
    Fuck it, I ate at Waffle House tonight.

3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Maybe if it likes crackers?

4. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

You and I see it much differently. I agree with the camp that think he did nothing wrong. From what I read, he was doing his research and everything he found led him to the guys at HAMB who are so numerous and so experienced with old cars and old parts that he probably figured a simple quick post would get him 10 immediate replies saying " That intake right there fits a 1954 to 1956 Mushmobile with a 281 J-head engine. Mushmobile only built 23 cars, but their engine was fantastic and set several land speed records. Edmunds cast 4 intake manifolds for that engine and the last one that was sold on here went for 300.00."
    He's not a car guy and probably doesn't want to be. He has some old parts that are no good to him and just wants to get a few bucks to hopefully recover lost pay for a day or two of work instead of tossing them in a dumpster.
    I applaud the guys that are trying to help him out and I'm a little embarrassed by the "nose in the air" loudmouths.

73RR, Trophyman, Dan E and 18 others like this.
  5. SR100

SR100

Fabber, you are going off of his 3rd post. As 34coupe said, none of that was in his 1st post and his 3rd post got much better results. His 1st post looked just like another hit-it-and-quit-it flipper's 1st post, We see them every other week or so. And we don't see them again unless they have another 'goldmine' they want ID'd.
    As far as getting an immediate ID from 1 pic and no measurements, that's magical thinking. If we were to look at the threads he mentioned finding, I'd be surprised that they didn't all mention giving us markings and dimensions. Bruce Lancasters only come around once a generation, and even he'd probably be stuck without measurements (and he was much stronger on Ford stuff than other brands).
    As far as the profile, it helps to know where the poster is to establish value. There's a lot less demand for an obscure manifold in Possum Holler Tennessee than Pomona California.

6. Wait a minute,,,,,I live near possum holler,,,,,,,,man,,,are my feelings hurt !

Lol,,,,,no just kidding,,,,,,
    However,,,there is a possum holler in my county,,,,it’s about 12 miles or so away.
    Also,,,there is a possum Valley road here as well.
    That’s over there,,,,,right before it really gets country,,,,,right on the edge .
    LoL,,,,,,oh yeah,,,it’s here,,,just have to be careful going through there,,,if they don’t know you.

That is an important point though,,,,depends on where you are as to how valuable something is.

Tommy

Tickety Boo likes this.
  7. 392

A simple question turns complicated.

Nova Thug and 49ratfink like this.
  8. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

Where is "Halfway to Boring?"

Dick Stevens likes this.
  9. BJR

BJR

How about we help the OP figure out what his manifold fits and quit the other BS?

10. Sorry BJR,
    It’s for a 51 - 54 Chrysler,,,or at least that is what he told me.

Tommy

11. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Well it's tough to give more help, since the original poster has not replied with more info or to answer any more questions.

12. Onemansjunk

Onemansjunk
    from Modesto,CA

Let me take the pressure OFF of Holiwood1

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  13. The best and worst of the HAMB, all in one thread.

Lots of knowledge, some of it many DECADES old

Some who are negative...these often are the same types who complain about young people not getting involved/interested in the old car hobby

Deuces, Trophyman, slv63 and 3 others like this.
  14. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your signature says "a disaffected long time hamb member(2002)". Your join date is August 13th of 2019, what's with the 2002 bullshit in your signature? The above is the only post of yours on record.

Au Revoir
    Sayōnara
    Auf Wiedersehen
    Laa Gòn
    Arrivederci
    Aloha
    Do svidaniya
    Adios

And in English? Goodbye!

Deuces likes this.
  15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wouldn't it be fun if he took it over to the bandsaw and cut it into little pieces because old car guys seem to be pricks.

Deuces, Trophyman, slv63 and 4 others like this.
  16. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

He probably just forgot his 2002 login name & password. Jack E/NJ

Deuces, kidcampbell71 and Carter like this.
  17. Andy

Andy

I suffered thru all the jokes to see if anyone ID the thing before me.
    It fits low deck early DeSoto engines.
    You can tell by the bolt holes next to the heat crossover. Dodges are toward the valve covers and DeSotos are toward the valley. The big tip off is it is wet manifold with the the thermostat housing in the front. It is not a Chrysler because the flange bolt holes are no out of line on the ends.

18. HotRod33

HotRod33

I don't like coffee.... I want Beer

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  19. Well, I'm a Chevy guy. I have my reasons, doesn't mean I'm not a fan of every other car because i am. And yes i have a freaking awesome sense of humor according to my grandma, God rest her soul. But with my knowledge and experience from attending a world's fair once and all of the raccoon races I've attended, coupled with being there that day my cousin tried to milk that bull, and his dad building that one engine, I'm gonna say that thing is old, came off an engine, and it's worth whatever you can get out of it. You're welcome

Deuces, Trophyman, woody45 and 3 others like this.
  20. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Four pages of BS..... Boom! Good job! Cheer's...

Deuces, Surfcityrocker and Baumi like this.
  21. Budget36

Budget36

[QUOTE="Lloyd's paint & glass, post: 13393160, member: 346389". And yes i have a freaking awesome sense of humor according to my grandma,[/QUOTE]

She also (from another thread) thought you were good looking....I'll let you in on something, my GMA was a bit off the clock too;)

22. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, but at the rates journeymen plumbers in NY make, I'd make sure he bought the first round

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Budget36

Budget36

So...what's so odd about this thread is seems like the HAMB has changed/is changing/wants to change? I say this because so many replies to new members post get the "where's your intro?" stuff....but now wait...let's put a Hemi intake up, and well...let's not scare the new member away. Let's be kind and cordial.

Good thing is the OP got his information a few post's up. Kinda how it should be.

Deuces, Trophyman and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  24. Budget36

Budget36

Being a plumber isn't all that hard, shit don't flow up hill, payday is on Friday;)

Deuces, bonneville bones and RMR&C like this.
  25. You forgot hots on the left, colds on the right and dont bite your fingernails

Chappy

26. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Usually when the shit does flow uphill thats when they get the call.

Deuces and 49ratfink like this.
  27. Budget36

Budget36

I tell you something, this is the Lords honest truth. About 5-6 years ago I had my septic tank pumped out. Two guys came in the truck, seems the new guy was incharge of the sucking hose.

No gloves...after the pump was done, the guy kept putting his bare hand over the hose....like he was thinking it would flush the hose out better. Again...no gloves.

The guy that was running the controls on the back of the truck asked if I minded if he used my garden hose, I turned it on and he rinsed his hands, I asked the other guy (that had his hands in the shit) if he wanted me to hold the hose for him.

"Naw, I'm fine"

They got in the truck and left.

Hey, i've eaten my share of burgers with engine grime on my hands...but really?

28. When in the airforce I attended school with some guys from possum trot Mississippi.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  29. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Huh? Are you here or not?

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  30. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Living across the river from Sparland ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.