Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model A on 32 rails project!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ratamahata, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Hey guys... New project! It's a 30-31 model A. The plan it's to build up the complete frame from scratch, pinch the rails and mini chanel at front. Engine it's from a 1953 Monterrey. Take a look at that front axle!!
    There are some bad bad mods on that z rear frame rails and some poo weldings... IMG_20191230_101425.jpeg IMG_20191230_101452.jpeg IMG_20191230_102658.jpeg IMG_20191230_101259.jpeg IMG_20191230_102727.jpeg

Sent from my Mi A1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  2. Later truck axle?Big band-aid straps on the Z look unsafe.With your talent it will come out good!

ratamahata likes this.
  3. I have some minor knowledge about the axle... I think its a 1940-1941 3/4 and 1 ton truck axle based on the "Nostalgia Sid's dropped axles" web page.
    Just in the morning I taked some measures and kingpin eye to eye it's about 49" with 4" factory drop... Spring perches eye to eye it's only 29"...
    I love the original drop curve across, so maybe with some mods can be adapted to a transverse spring...

Stogy likes this.

4. The front member cracked at some point and repaired fine but it doesn't look clean! the rails cut back and disfigured with those Z ... bad welding and very insecure. It also has an X member style that does not change anything because it is made of a 1x2 "square tube placed horizontally.
    Model A rear member lost...

Stogy likes this.
  5. Tall t 26

Tall t 26

Awesome project. And good pics.

ratamahata and Stogy like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@ratamahata...cool project...chicken poo works...:eek:...maybe it was the dirty 30 40s and they were just hoodums racing and making big money for the owners of the cars...so just makem fast and keep them running cheap n' dirty...

That pic of the Body is priceless...reminds me of one of those roundy round racers...

Happy New Year...thanks for sharing what your up to down there...

7. Ducbsa

Ducbsa
    from Virginia

Is that weld or toothpaste?

ratamahata likes this.
  8. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

“Some Poo Welds”?
    I don’t think I saw one good one. I’m no welder and blind in one eye and I can weld better than that!

If you need pics, or anything I can remember, I pinched a 32 frame and put a 31 coupe body on it, channeled one inch or so, on my AV8.
    I lost a lot of computer pictures, but have a pile of real pictures I can copy.
    Good luck with your project!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Thanks Stogy... I'm afraid there are new welds... But I appreciate your point of view... That car was a project and never running...

Stogy likes this.
  10. Many thanks Ralph... I appreciate your help...

11. We want a buggy spring so maybe we are in the way to clean up those four holes for parallel springs and drill some holes across for install bones.

Stogy likes this.
  12. Forget that bone mount... Was maked welded a tube, out of the axle. IMG_20191230_174018.jpeg

Nailhead A-V8, Jet96 and Stogy like this.
  13. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I dig the existing patina and lettering on the outside, especially the band-aid...

Stogy likes this.
  14. Something funny! the letters are drawn with chalk ...

15. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

16. The rails are already on the way ... but first we will settle on a model A frame, so that the body does not forget where it came from! IMG_20200121_184015.jpeg IMG_20200121_211718_279.jpeg

17. Nailhead A-V8, elgringo71 and Stogy like this.
  18. Someone really took their time screwing up that frame. I imagine you will bring it back to life, looks like your'e off to a great start

ratamahata likes this.
  19. Fabricated rails?
    Not stamped

20. Yes sir...
    New and Old Henry 2114605576.jpeg

21. elgringo71

elgringo71

Those rails look excellent. You are doing excellent work. I’m looking forward to seeing more

ratamahata likes this.
  22. hotrodlane

hotrodlane