Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Have you driven your hot rod this decade?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mkebaird, Jan 3, 2020.

1. mkebaird

mkebaird

Nice day here, high 50's, I had to take the Vette for a spin. This is on the Siletz River.

P1030852.JPG P1030851.JPG

2. <-------- I drove my old beater Wednesday & Thursday, we are having a monsoon today, I drove OT pickup to the shop this morning. HRP

blowby and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  3. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope. Here in the northeast, we pretty much pack them away for the Winter...usually Nov. for me. Won't be cruisin' again till March or April:(

Shutter Speed likes this.
  4. I flooded it
    Does that count?

Greaser Bob and blowby like this.

5. I flooded it
    Does that count?

Boden, stillrunners and LOU WELLS like this.
  6. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

Not in this decade yet, but I did on Christmas. 12-25 005.jpg

7. Yes, drove it to coffee the other morning when it was around 15 degrees. It was in the shed without ice. :)

blowby and stillrunners like this.
  8. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

9. Just in and out of the Garage. Too much salt on the roads and it ain't Bonneville.:mad:

MMM1693, hotrodjack33, Boden and 2 others like this.
  10. jim snow

jim snow

Not yet. Snowman

11. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

Did this on new years day.

12. Fortunately, 2020 came in with above average temperatures, Wednesday saw mid 60's & Thursday was in the mid 40's, today we had a lot of rain, over 2" the last I saw on the news and it's still coming down.

The weather is suppose to improve tomorrow so the old sedan will be out of the garage. HRP

13. 2935ford

2935ford

Hmmmm, rear end now out of my '29 A coupe for major repair and the '28 Tudor is behind it in the back of the garage waiting it's turn to be worked on........no driving now 'til late spring! :(

14. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Yep, drove my 40 yesterday.

blowby, 47ragtop and guthriesmith like this.
  15. trollst

trollst

Nope, they're both buried, it'll be three more months.

16. I backed the 57 out of one garage into another, about 300 feet all together. All in reverse, does that count for anything?

17. It has been pretty decent here, so I have driven my pickup, but haven't driven the 56 since Sunday. But, I also wouldn’t consider either a hot rod, so I guess I should say no.

18. thecj3man

thecj3man
    from TN

We lucked into a beautiful New Year’s Day here in East Tennessee. I swapped the 4.10 and Detroit locker out for a 3.70 with a truetrac early in the morning and then took my old 55 for an easy 10 mile trip around the country. The 9” rear sure makes it nice to change the third member.

19. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

DSCN1188.JPG Yes I Have And It Caused A Minor Storm...The Neighbors Were Not Impressed...

20. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, drove the 40 and the 51 on Wednesday. Of course it is in the 70’s and no chance of snow.

blowby and 47ragtop like this.
  21. Nope. Mine is on stands for a lot of winter upgrades...

22. radarsonwheels

radarsonwheels
    from Philly

Man I can’t wait. I pulled my windshield to fix a cracked leaky gasket and discovered that I have to make new drip rails and A pillar skins if I want it to ever seal. I’m making progress though- I will be rippin lips again by spring and hopefully have shiny paint before next decade!

23. Nope! But i do have it running and the wheels spinning on the jack stands :D thought about sitting in it and pretending but I'd probably crash:confused:

24. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

By the time I put it back in the garage it was a new year in Kiribati. So yes. ;)

blowby likes this.
  25. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Its supposed to be summer here but its been doing a poor effort this past month. have fired up the smoker a couple of times for a few gatherings but too cold to stay out all night. . But being a dairy farmer I cant complain about the rain in summer.
    Went for a short drive today. Just going over the 32 before we take the 3 1/2 hr ferry ride and 5 hour drive to the South Island for Muscle car Madness where 1100 cars gather and camp out.

12F22A87-D8AB-48C6-AEE9-5E9A1E13A4E9.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    Blue One, MO_JUNK, 51box and 10 others like this.
  26. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Mine gets driven every day , rain or shine.:cool:

27. bob b.

bob b.
    from peoria az.

yep drove the 34 pick up new years cruse 150 mile drive drove the 57chevy today life is good

blowby likes this.
  28. Tall t 26

Tall t 26

Looking forward the some decent weather. This new year, and it will come out. hopefully more than just a warm up run.

29. That white stuff, snow & salt sure cut's into some of our members driving time, here in the Sunny South we can drive our hot rods & customs year around, there is always those few days that we can't but they are few and far between.

I guess that when you guys do the maintenance and updates. HRP