Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone tell me what this is from and what it’s worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Holiwood1, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well i never said anything negative, just humorous, but again that's my opinion. I've been called a few names here like idiot, stupid, a credit card car builder.... and none of you guardian angels came to my rescue. I'm new around here but i like it. Everything about it. Give me all the hell you want, but don't whine like a little puss if i give it back to you. There should really be a section for sensitivity reality checks.

2. Belle53

Belle53

this thread is a prime example why I no longer come on here

Trophyman, Andy, Carter and 5 others like this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool intake and a really great story on how you obtained it and held on to it. If you had posted the how and when of how you came by it in the first post I think most of the guys would have had a bit of a better attitude.
    We see too many guys show up with something they snagged at a yard sale or estate sale for pennies on the dollar and want to get rich off those HAMB guys.
    I just wish it fit my 56 Desoto hemi.
    There is an Edmonds 2x2 intake for Chrysler hemi 331.354,392 on Ebay right now with different carbs to compare to.
    Old HAMB thread here. https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/edmonds-early-hemi-2x2-intake.998153/

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You either have not spent much time on the HAMB or too much time on YB!

beegator and 1934coupe like this.
  5. Mimilan

Mimilan

A long way to go..............

No political section, and no name calling, and generally no off topic threads.

Most people here are generally "patriotic" to the H.A.M.B , [in fact most of the "chest thumping" replies to this thread are actually trying to defend the H.A.M.B]

Unfortunately there is always "fear of outsiders" or "changing of the guard" but this is a necessary evil that is needed for survival.

LOU WELLS, Stogy and 1934coupe like this.
  6. Well, thank you for coming on here. Now fill out your *#%@* profile so we know how to track you down. :mad:

I'm kidding. Put down that wrench. I'm only kidding around. :eek: :oops: Some people are so sensitive. o_O

7. Country Joe

Country Joe

One scoop or two?

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  8. chopped

chopped

Lot of guys want to be the old Germ, Germ's not even the old Germ.

LOU WELLS, Deuces, town sedan and 2 others like this.
  9. I refer to it as "protecting the purity of the breed" and "circling the wagons". It has its valid reasons and its useful place on the forum. I just feel the balance needs to be tipped toward 'correction' and away from 'rejection' until it's obvious that rejection is deserved.

10. You have never been more correct. You truly are a wizard sir :D and for any other new guys or girls that join, if someone gives you hell on this forum, just tell them to go fornicate themselves. Most of us can take it.

11. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Holiwood seems like a nice fellow asking for a little help.
    If you needed a plumber, would you treat him as an outsider and make him prove himself?

12. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sadly, the "good luck" wish is about the only thing that applies to dealings with "Vintage Speed".

bchctybob and Corn Fed like this.
  13. Hollywood,
    From your latest pics I believe it is not for a Dodge,,,if I remember correctly they do not have the thermostat housing cast into the intake.
    If reminds me of my Desoto intake.
    I took some pics and did some measurements,,,just to help you.
    Here are pics from underneath and top side.
    I took a tape measure and stretch it tight against the port flange.
    It measures approximately 11 5/8 inches from outside if the machined port flange where the gasket would register.
    My intake is for a low deck Desoto,,,( 291 ),,,,,,,also you can see the thermostat housing and the generator mount flange.

Tommy

Attached Files:

14. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Scott I respect your opinion but have to disagree with your premise. The posters first post is asking "what is this and what's it's worth". While an intro is not required it would be nice to give some background and ask "what is it" when people want to know what it's worth they do not want to do the research required. In his 3rd post he definitely explained his case. That gets a lot more honest answers than his first post.

Pat

15. The bolt pattern for the intake is identical to yours,,,and ports layout as well.
    If it is like yours,,,Edmunds cast the thermostat channel underneath the ports,,,instead of on top like the factory.
    Since yours is a performance piece,,it would make since to make it a high rise,,instead of a low rise like the factory did.
    I’m not sure what your intake fits,,,,maybe this will help some ?

Tommy

16. alchemy

alchemy

Sell it to Corn Fed on page 1. Name your price (what did the solder and fittings cost?) and see if he likes it. Otherwise put it in the classifieds and see if you get any other takers.

LOU WELLS, Deuces and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  17. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well said.

18. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

But yet....here you are

TagMan, clem, Paul and 5 others like this.
  19. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I can't help you out on the manifold and carbs, but the "1957 GM Trans" is a Muncie 319, 3 speed with overdrive. The overdrive makes it a "little" more desirable in this gas crunch age we're in. Finding someone interested in it may be the difficult part. Non-synchro first gear, and they're not too strong. I had four of them to sell, and I'm down to one that I plan on keeping. Also have the Hurst shifter (NOS) for them; they're no longer made and finding them used is almost impossible. Good luck.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

20. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

Who told you about this? Just wondering.

upspirate and Deuces like this.
  21. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

"this thread is a prime example why I no longer come on here"

I am taking that as humor or irony, since it is indeed a first post and the poster is obviously on here.

arkiehotrods and upspirate like this.
  22. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

look at his signature line.....

23. What’s being disinfected got to do with it. ,,,?
    LoL

Tommy

24. I love you guys!!!!! You are my people :D

25. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

This Chrysler 2x2 Edmunds was listed on HAMB for $900, don't know what it sold for. Note that one picture shows the stamped but obscure name "Chrysler". Possibly yours has a similar marking? New 2x4 manifolds seem to go for $400 to $500.

Carb bolt pattern is unusual. Have read that it's for two of the OEM single carb, Carter WCD. Surely you can find the carb make/model cast onto your carbs, or on a triangular tag under a top hold-down screw.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  26. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

This picture is of a Dodge manifold. Note that the bolt holes (to head) are in line, except for the middle two (4 & 5), which are further outboard. On Chrysler and De Soto manifolds, bolt holes 2 & 3, and 6 & 7, are further outboard.

s-l400 (7).jpg

LOU WELLS, Deuces and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  27. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't help with the intake.

But I think I'd like to share something my dad taught me.

He said...

"Rick... you know... sometimes it seems to me that people hurt each other's feelings... not by what they do say that they shouldn't... but more often, by what they don't say that they should."

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. What happen to popcorn ? Now it's ice cream ? I'm with 1934Coupe.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.