Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Are beat up rusty '32 California plates worth anything?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Budget36, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Budget36

Budget36

I've two, numbers don't match...a few cracks in each. Not even something I think is worth spending time to fix.

But, if there is a market for them, I'd do the HAMB auction thing and you'd send the $ to Ryan and I'd send the plates to you.

If they wouldn't be worth anyone's time except for wall hangers, there's a HAMB'r I'll send them too.

I'll post a pic of them if someone can tell me how to take my iphone 7 and make a pic less than the large size it takes...i/e change the setting on my phone.

I figure if they are 10$ wall hangers, I think I know a guy to send them to. But if they have some value, I'd like to see the $ go to the HAMB.

2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

No. Only to select few.

3. Budget36

Budget36

I kinda figured that, but thought I'd check first.

Gotta send a PM now:)

4. Call the Apple store and ask if you can change the resolution, it was possible on older phones but I think they stopped at some point. If you can change it be sure to change it back. Try mailing them to yourself, that should reduce the resolution.

Charlie Stephens

5. Fogger

Fogger

No value unless both plates have the same numbers.

6. Slopok

Slopok

Unless one is THX 138!;)

clem, Budget36, kadillackid and 3 others like this.
  7. Possibly they would make good wall hangers. HRP

8. I think your cost guess is about right for single plates. You might want to do a search on EBAY.

Charlie Stephens

9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

So what's an estimate in matching number CA plates in 8-9 condition? Can't really use them here in BC!

10. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Slopok Milners plate number

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The year (s) of the plate probably affect the alleged value for a lot of guys. If it matches the year of their car it makes a better wall hanger the further you get from Cali.

12. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Makes sense. My CA plates are '56.

13. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Good floor patches for a beater.....

Flathead Dave likes this.
  14. Budget36

Budget36

I think you may need to hang them u

I'm not looking to put a dime in my pocket, seems everything "'32 is nuts, not even going to look at ebay...lol.

15. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

An old trick for reducing iPhone images is to email the image to yourself. When you attach the image to the message, you'll be given the option of sending it as small, medium or full size. Pick small or medium.

I generally get ~40 bucks for really rough '32 plates. I'm talking wall-hanger rough. They're worth more if easily restorable (meaning no kinks, tears or rust-through; just surface rust and maybe some dings).

low budget likes this.
  16. Budget36

Budget36

I got tears...lol...thing is my Yahoo account wont take my pics, so will try in the morning to take a pic and plg my phone into my laptop.

Again, before *not directed at anyone here) I'm not looking at a value, other to the HAMB, or off they go. This isn't a fishing expedition.

17. chopndrop

chopndrop

IMG_0432.jpg
    Here's the pics

18. Budget36

Budget36

19. chopndrop

chopndrop

I think they are only worth "real money" if you have a pair, as that's what CA dmv requires if you want to actually use them. I collected CA plates years back, just trying to get every year. I would only pay a few bucks a piece for rusty plates, but I was only trying to complete a collection, not looking for quality. Those looks like that are hanging in a good spot already.