Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dad’s 1928 Model A

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by seanbelushi, Dec 28, 2019.

1. seanbelushi

seanbelushi

Morning all,

About a year ago, my father decided he really wanted a Model A and began the search. He came across an early 1928 A that was running and driving, but needed a little work.

I’ve shot a couple videos about the car, but mostly for his enjoyment.

First Drive of Dad's 1928 Model A - It's a Riot!!

Getting the 1928 Ford Model A ready for winter

Hope you like, and let me know your Model A stories!

Sean

2. seanbelushi

seanbelushi

Doing some more work on the A yesterday, getting the drag link and tie rod ends replaced.
    9F2D9125-34FC-47E4-A369-B2286720E1EC.jpeg
    DEDDF6E9-3C0A-4B43-9EC1-02193403A5C9.jpeg
    7A6EFB39-967B-4EA2-8294-8CD37E696BAB.jpeg
    19A5572E-EFCB-4481-BF70-030D416F44EC.jpeg

Sean

3. Not a very exciting story but my dad bought his cousin's 30 closed cab pickup out of his barn and restored it. It had been in the family since it was new. One day my dad said "lets take the model A for a ride." After a few miles I badgered him into letting me drive. I'd never driven a model A before and my dad cautioned me about the mechanical brakes. We were coming up to a "T" intersection with a stop sign. About 2 blocks away my dad says "Better slow down!" I told him I was blocks away from the stop and he warned me again. I stepped on the brake pedal and not much happened. I hammered the pedal and we came to a gradual stop just before the intersection.
    When he passed away I inherited the truck but it was winter and it was on the other side of the Rockies. Had to wait 'till spring to drive to Oregon with a truck and trailer. When we got there I opened the little shop doors to find an oil spot on the floor and nothing else...turned it in as stolen and that's the last I ever heard of it. Apickupbefore.jpg rockysabone.jpg

Lil32 likes this.
  4. seanbelushi

seanbelushi

Wow, that’s a heartbreaking story. Looked like it was a perfect project and thank you for sharing. Would it be OK if I used your story in an upcoming video?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Great looking Roadster! Try looking at the Ford Barn for all the info you will ever need to work on her.

Mike

seanbelushi likes this.
  6. seanbelushi

seanbelushi

Thanks Mike!

I did create an account at Ford Barn, and started a topic under the Model A forum.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. seanbelushi

seanbelushi

Got a little more maintenance done on the Model A

Rebuilding the steering on the Model A with some upgraded parts!