Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Brian Bass gas monkey 34 sold.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Dec 30, 2019.

1. I don't care for Gas Monkey at all. But Brian....man he's got the eye and talent to pull off a bad ass build.

Sent from my SM-F900U1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

INVISIBLEKID, mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  2. Apparently the selling price was a private matter. I can respect that but my curiosity still makes me wonder.
    BTW, I also think the inner fenders on a fenderless model 40 need a little work to blend in. I made some sheetmetal extensions that go behind the back end of those inner fenders to kind of end the inners a little more gracefully. Haven't got mine installed yet. 34lake1.jpg
    BTW, Flamedabone fixed that very problem with his last 34 by simply painting everything black! 34jeffyokumside.jpg

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I cleaned this thread up a bit... what’s gotten into y’all? Chill. Damn.

oh... and if cutting up early fords offends you, you are on the wrong site!!

4. 34Larry

34Larry

Like I said, ""I usually keep my mouth shut on somebody's work"

See how many others you can can dig up it'll give you something to do.
    If you go back to 2011 I did say SBC's belong in Chev's nothing else, but that's just my opinion. And their could be a couple more but like I said, "I usually keep my mouth shut on some body's work, (but not always)

5. 34Larry

34Larry

My sincere apologizes Rayan. I started off this thread, never imaging that it would go bad in spots. I just wanted to know if anyone in HAMB nation knew anything about the sale price, not how someone hates some feature of the car, including all 33/34 hi-boys and mine.
    Thanks to everyone who has responded, I have gained a lot knowledge about different aspects of the car hobbyist world, including the bad actors.

6. fuzzface

fuzzface

ain't that something. We can find a missing coupe that disappeared 20 years ago here and we cannot find the whereabouts of a car that only been finished a few years ago.

kadillackid likes this.
  7. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Personally, I admire guys like Brian Bass for his workmanship and talent.

Something I wish I could remotely do for myself and others.

( As to the price, it is really is no ones business. If the seller and buyer want to share that then that is up to them.)

Be cool fellas.....

8. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seeing how it's January 1st, I will start the new year off by apologizing to you all for my contribution to taking this thread way out in the long grass.

@Ryan - sorry that you had to clean up after me...

I will also apologize to Larry. I jumped all over you for comments that you have made in this thread and in another thread in particular, and I need to be better than that. People are messy and I need to remember that I am as messy as they come.

I hope all of you have a great New Year.

-Brent-, cktasto, mad mikey and 5 others like this.
  9. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

I agree completely with the positive comments on the Bass coupe. To each his own on their opinions. Now about those ugly " Blisters". Rocky, I wouldn't change a thing on your car nor would I on A Bones either. I feel like the highboy humps have been a part of the look too long to change things now, sorta like the extended firewall. It just belongs there on those cars.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  10. Dang I missed the drama again.
    I want to figure out how an excellent built trad styled car on a trad message board ruffled feathers.
    This ain’t a resto place.
    I hope I get to chop the last remaining stocker on the planet.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. 34Larry

34Larry

Right lets all start fresh. apology accepted. Now lets get on with business.

12. It's their own business to what it did or didn't sell for.. I never ask people what their car sold for , since it's none of my business... just saying... if they wanted to broadcast it everywhere I think they would.. I like the car... no comments on the shows that's that.. ty

lurker mick likes this.
  13. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

What I don't like about the Gas Monkey '34 is the shape of the quarter window. The way flamedabone blended in his quarter window after his chop is very nice.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. Nick Agius

Nick Agius

Agreed, Majority of those cars are puss IMO

D-Russ likes this.
  15. Brian is a talented guy and he will be cranking out cool cars for years to come. HRP

16. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree with cheepsk8 100%. Those 33/34 inner fender panels look great, and help the rockers, cowl and hood all flow together and meet the grill.
    Actually I'm a little afraid to admit I like them...things are getting kinda nasty here in a hurry:eek:

olscrounger likes this.
  17. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Sweet coupe, I'd also be interested in the sale price. Ian is great, met him once, kicked down A model rear crossmember to me, refused cash, them handed my buddy and I some cold beers. As far as cutting up stock coupes in the name of hot rodding....... HELL YEAH ! Are y'all restorers now.....?

18. I watch MAVTV almost daily, Full Custom Garage is on Fridays new and old episodes