Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Blasphemi

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by sdluck, Dec 24, 2019.

1. And hardly anything is a BFD to me.

scotty t and raven like this.
  2. 34Larry

34Larry

chryslerfan55 and mad mikey like this.
  3. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Chrysler 354, not Dodge

4. One time someone remarked to Garlits that the 392 weren't dodge engines. He stated mine is I got it out of a Dodge Truck.

Gammz likes this.
  5. Fordors

Fordors

Garlits may have said that but it’s BS, the largest hemi Dodge used BITD was the 354. It was known as the Power Giant V8 and was only available in the heavy truck line. Don ran 392’s when they became available and the Dodge Power Giant was a low deck block.

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Not to sound disrespectful to BIG because like most everybody else I grew up following his exploits, accomplishments, etc. but I think years back I peeved him off at Famoso. Remember when he was helping Chrysler promote the new generation hemi engines and he put one in an old FED (could have been a new one), he had it on display at the CHRR.
    It actually caught me by surprise when I saw it, especially when all of a sudden he appeared out of nowhere and asked what I thought of it.
    Jokingly I said "people just can't leave shit alone" because it was a common phrase between my pal and I, Boy, have you ever wished you could stuff words back in your mouth?
    I sure did that day as Don really gave me the "stink eye".

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  7. Muttley

Muttley

If he doesn't want an honest answer he should probably stop asking questions altogether.

8. 409 and HEMI you say?
    189.JPG

mrhp, lilmann, chryslerfan55 and 5 others like this.
  9. EHHH ! Cool car.. but I'm tired of hearing and reading about it..

raven and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. chryslerfan55 and scotty t like this.
  11. Yeah... hey have you heard that all of the magazines are shutting down??? :rolleyes:

Old wolf likes this.
  12. The 409 and the shovelhead are gone. I've only got the HEMI and a small herd of small block chevies left.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  13. Ok, i still wanna be in your will :D

scotty t likes this.
  14. No matter what,,,,,Big Daddy is still the man in drag racing.
    Anyone that could do what he has,,,,and still does at his age deserves the utmost courtesy !
    Sorry,,,but,,,,he is a super good guy,,,and reminds me of my dad.
    My dad could and still can (90 years old ),,,fix anything .
    How can anyone not admire that ?
    Big come up with innovations and ideas to break the barriers and he did it .
    He never said quit !!!

Just like this old man here,,,my Daddy.
    I hope I can be as strong as him when it counts.

Tommy

Attached Files:

15. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

90 years, a milestone, Godspeed for many more. You are a fortunate man Tommy.

chryslerfan55 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  16. Thank you olskool,

Yes I agree 100 %,,,we had a great Christmas this year,,with my brothers and sister,,and,,,with my mama,,,,(89 and going strong as well.
    I am truly a blessed man !!!

Tommy

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  17. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

This sounds like a bunch of old ladies arguing. Obviously everyone has tremendous respect for Jim Forbes, if you have been on here more than 5 min you realize that. This doesn't mean other people aren't doing good too. People just gotta bitch guess that's what the Internet is for.

mad mikey, loudbang, -Brent- and 5 others like this.
  18. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

And nobody really knows how fast your car is since you have to keep slower than 10.00 secs to comply with the rules.

Gary

19. squirrel

squirrel

I know how fast it is, now! 9.89

rk15.jpg

20. mopacltd

mopacltd

And in the immortal words of Rodney King...... "Can't we all just get along"

21. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

22. You bring that deuce to Bowling Green squirrel?

chryslerfan55 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  23. squirrel

squirrel

Not that I know of.

24. Be nice to see it there

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  25. Reminds me of a episode of the Beverly Hillbillies. Uncle Jed gives Jethro a wad of cash to get the truck fixed up. By the time they get done its a hot rod and not one part of the original truck was retained. Granny comes along and makes them reassemble the original truck. Fills the gas tank with some of her special moonshine and out runs Jethro in a drag race.

chryslerfan55 and blowby like this.
  26. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

I totally respect both Jim Forbes and Michael Finnagen they are living large and its really cool we see their adventures both here in the Hamb and on Motor Trend T.V. :cool:
    I also respect the Hemi, 409, 327, Ford Cammer and the first hot rod engine the Flathead :rolleyes:
    Please don't take me serious, I have had a lot of fun :D teasing about brand loyalty.

Best race ever was losing to a Ford at the Meltdown Drags after we were smack talking Ford V/S Chevy for 3 years while waiting for Scott to get his car ready :oops:
    Best race ever, o_O cut a perfect light but still lost to a good friend from the Hamb. .000 time slip.jpg

27. Who isn't getting along? Im not upset or mad at anyone?

chryslerfan55 and Tickety Boo like this.
  28. Finnigan needs to bend and shape the bill of his hat properly. Only Gang Bangers wear their hat brim straight. LOL

kevinrevin, raven, Gammz and 2 others like this.
  29. liliysdad

liliysdad
    from Oklahoma

Or, like, anyone under the age of 50 who isnt married to their cousin....

benchseat4speed, Baumi, Gammz and 3 others like this.
  30. RocktimusPryme

RocktimusPryme

That’s just west coast in general. I never wore it like that until I lived in So Cal. Now a heavily curved bill looks Odd to me. Now wearing your cap over your ears I will never understand.

on the topic at hand, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a straight axle car I didn’t like. Also, hating on the car with more money behind it is like yelling at the sun. That’s just racing, someone else always has more money, or hell even just more time. I’m not rich, but I never made the mistake of breeding so I can donate more if my resources to hot rodding lol.