Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 Chevrolet Styleline Deluxe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seanbelushi, Jan 26, 2013.

1. seanbelushi

seanbelushi

OK,

Got the new gauges installed, and they're pretty amazing. I've been trying to document my work lately, and just came out with a new video about the gauges. Hope y'all like...

Lamego, Copper Top and flux capacitor like this.
  2. seanbelushi

seanbelushi

3. seanbelushi

seanbelushi

OK, finally got back on the '52 Chevy. One of the things that always bugged me after the swap was the oil pan. The factory truck oil pan remained during the swap and although the rear-sump facilitated installation, the deep sump protruded from the bottom of the crossmember by 3+ inches. This left me with the concern that at some point I would strike something when driving that would crack the pan or worse, rip the bottom off entirely and damage the engine. I had always planned on replacing the pan with one with a shorter sump, but as with most projects (especially cars)…life gets in the way. A move from Memphis, TN to Colorado Springs, CO, then to another house in CO, and now with the impending move to Greenville, SC I decided it was high time to bite the bullet and fix the issue once and for all.

Enter MaXpeedingRods. Know primarily for their budget friendly coilover kits and turbos, MaXpeedingRods has developed an engine swap oil pan specifically for people like me, who have retrofitted a modern LS-based engine into an older vehicle. Part number OSP-LS1-V2 is a 5.5 quart pan that comes complete with xx and is intended for 1997-up LS-based engines. It should give an additional 2-3” inches of clearance compared to the truck style pan, and is perfect for our application. Here is a link to the pan:

https://www.maxpeedingrods.com/prod...s6-ls2-ls3-48-53-60-62l.html?tracking=anatomy

The MaXpeedingRods part number OSP-LS1-V2 LS engine swap oil pan fit perfectly and gave us an additional 3” of ground clearance. No longer is the heart of the car vulnerable to an errant rock or speed bump, and I am able to cruise in comfort knowing the oil pan is tucked tightly to the engine and above the crossmember.

If you have swapped an LS-series engine into your classic ride, or are thinking about doing so, make sure to check out MaXpeedingRods and enter coupon code “anatomy” for a 15% discount on your order. I was super excited to receive the oil pan from MaXpeedingRods and definitely interested in checking out their coilovers, turbos, and connecting rods on a future Auto Anatomy project…you should too!

Sean

BB25EAA3-7F9C-417F-9C0D-4828CB4E863E.jpeg IMG_1762.jpeg IMG_1766.jpeg IMG_1767.jpeg

You can check out the video review here:
    https://youtu.be/UuCaGcCftIU
    #maxpeedingrods #lsswap #autoanatomy #Chevrolet #hotrodlife

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021