Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Why can't I sell my Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr. Mac, Dec 15, 2019.

1. guy1unico

guy1unico

2. guy1unico

guy1unico

lilysdad ...that is not right at all! pitiful comment.

I have had plenty of cars I price to low and then raise the price and they sell.
    I have had plenty of cars sit around for months then bingo!
    I have had cars i put on the market at the wrong time of year.
    I have had plenty of cars that were on the wrong web page ...switched pages and they sold.
    It will sell ...patience is a virtue...but stay in the game!

Surfcityrocker and Barn Hunter like this.
  3. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

A friend has a peekup that he has been trying hard to sell. Several offers,all within $500. He thinks it is worth $4 grand more.He will probably die with it in the garage.That being said I love the T pictured. But I am 6'5" and 260 and chances are will stay that way. Best of luck on the selling ,it is worth the money.

4. Ya gotta have all the money at once, unlike building a car over time, and then you have to be wanting an open car. Never been a fan myself

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  5. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Quit looking at it then Dammit:D:D:D:D

da34guy likes this.

6. And in another example of different strokes for different folks - I've lived in states with no helmet laws for 25+ years. Rode without one once, not out of choice. Hated it, and that was just in town. You couldn't pay me to ride on an interstate (or pretty much anywhere else) without one.

7. ^Agree. I wear a full face one now but enjoy being helmet free every now and then.
    Even in states with helmet laws most if not all Harley guys only wear the half helmets. Even in one of those you are still “In The Wind”.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

o_ODid I miss something??o_O

9. Sorry, I forgot quoting DesmoDog. I will add an arrow.

edit: On the other hand, it did bump your ad.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. stinson

stinson
    from alabama

Ive been watching your ad for months, if I wasn't already half through a 27 t pickup project myself i would seriously consider it. Ill have so much more $ in mine. Definitely is a small market, not many folks like t's even though they were very popular back in the day. And if a t brings decent money seems like has to be trog flathead styled. You could probably sell the chrome suspension and stuff off it and put painted stuff on and still sell for same price to right buyer eventually? Hang in there it will sell

11. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

You may not want to read my suggestion; list it on E-bay... I typed in hot rod T buckets for sale, 3/4 came up and the bidding on one was in the money range... I recently sold a N.O.S Edelbrock dual carb intake for Chevy 216 inline six, fairly rare because Vic Sr. was a flathead guy, it was bare casting, no studs and never bolted to an engine. Out fitted, polished and detailed and asked what I thought it was worth, but realized this a very small market so listed on E-bay
    to get the very large viewer count. Got about 350 or so lookers and ONE BUYER.... might try it, dyno dave

12. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

I might try it, Thanks

13. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

that’s the advise all the guys with those evil gas guzzling muscle cars were given in the 70s , that’s the advise all those guys with antiquated 32s were given in the 60s some got sold , scraped , or ruined... some guys said fuck you and put them in the barn....

later on ...some really happy people rolled out that hemi road runner and that 50s survivor 32 ford and were happy to pay double the original asking price

14. Hey Mr Mac ... as Squablow referred to earlier .. are you on Instagram ?

EastCoastMike is a great guy to deal with. He is a rolling swap meet. As well, he reposts parts, & cars on his Partswapper handle.

If you're on IG, and following HAMB'r's, then you already know Mike & his adventures. If you're not on IG, I have his number, & can P/M it to you.

Worse to worse, just P/M me all the detail photos and an ad description, with your contact information ... phone & email .. and I can forward it to Mike for posting.

Squablow likes this.
  15. Squablow

Squablow

Now there's a great offer from kidcampbell71 That's the exposure you need, and that's the audience that would be most interested in this car.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. It's free too. Mike just posts to send stuff along. He's got a great legion of sellers & buyers.

I love the HAMB, but I tell you what .. there's quite a collective of mutual enthusiasts out there in the world that don't have anything but life & a cell phone. Instagram is their quick & easy conduit.

Tons of us on both.

Blue Martini is fun to follow ... dude has chrome falling out of his ass. Amazing parts. Old & new.

Squablow likes this.
  17. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Thanks for your offer, No I'm not on insta what ever. I'm not much of a computer person. I might take you up on your offer but it will take me some time to figure out how to send it to ya:D

18. I'll shoot you my email. I've been looking for Mike on here ... he's here, I just can't remember his name.

19. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Just got an E-bay message that my second 216 Chevy 3 carb intake sold at full listed $$$ Good Xmas, Good XMAS...
    It might be worth try, just sayin !!! dyno dave

20. T buckets aren't for everybody.....kinda like my old Studebakers......good luck with it.

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say get it off the market til March (tax refund time;)) When it goes back on do what some said above, raise the price. You're at a kit-car-cheapo-build price with a class act of a 'bucket. Sure, as was also said above a number of times a 'bucket ain't everyone's pucker maker but the truth is they remain one of the 1st and foremost of hot rods and many who want to get into this shit think of them 1st as well. I love our community but we're only reaching a few folks here. Ads are sometimes more of an old 'wish book' than anything other than parts and raw material (also already mentioned). Exposure will be the win-win for ya, the realistic ask will let prospects know it's not a clobbered together go-for-a-ride car and there's a lotta those out there. Not many "good ones" like you're offering. ebay? I dunno, not my thing either and I usually have someone do it for me if I want that and the success rate for me is about 50-50 or less, and not because it was junk. Just personal experience and some win right every time but that doesn't mean don't do it. Are we seasonal? You bet your finned valve covers we are, and even more because yours is as open as it gets. Don't forget some of the things mentioned in the "...hot rods selling..." topic. Timing is everything, and right now activity is down. We get through the latest of current events and we might see a rush of discretionary spending in the spring and even more next year. Christmas retail was awesome this year by most accounts too. Stay positive, raise the price, get it out there on several venues. It's too nice to give away, and if you do you'll piss off the rest of the guys with good stuff. Can't have that now, can we? Rootin for ya...:cool:

Stogy and olscrounger like this.
  22. Ldogg53

Ldogg53

If I had somewhere to park it here I’d totally buy that. A couple minor cosmetic changes for my style and good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

23. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Hey! It's only 98inches long just cover it up with a tarp:):)
    Just out of curiosity what would you change?

Stogy likes this.
  24. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

You may be right HIGHLANDER, I think I will just let it set and look at the rest of the winter.

olscrounger and Stogy like this.
  25. Budget36

Budget36

I had a project truck listed here for a very long time, then out it on CL (was before the charging days)...after weeding out all the BS for weeks, a guy wanted to come look at it. He took pics, etc...a few weeks later I was wired the near full price of the truck from a guy in Sweden I never even spoke with...all handled by the guy who came to look it it.

Now as mentioned before, CL invites tons of BS...easy to weed them out and just move on, but, you might find the right person. As they say, there's an ass for every seat.

olscrounger likes this.