Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods free studebaker motors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hilo hotrodder, Dec 26, 2019.

1. I was recently asked to help clean out the estate of a man who was crew chief for a unlimted hydroplane racing he was building a receation of one of the boats he had crewed on. Anyway I got 4 stude 259 v8 motors all have the same casting # 3 are truck motors one from a president . I am on the big island in Hawaii but I am willing to palletize and bring them to the port of Hilo. I believe it will cost $100/150 to ship to LA. the motors are complete and all of them turn. Message me or [email protected].

loudbang, 302GMC, Truck64 and 2 others like this.
  2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/americas-best-v-8-engine-studebaker/ <Did you know?
    First OHV V8 I ever looked for in the late 1950s,as power for my hotrod,but didn't find one,ended up with a Y-block Ford V8 that I've been very happy with.
    I would of been happy with a study,it's a small bit late @ just the right cost. Some one needs to take you up on that deal for sure ! Good luck

loudbang likes this.
  3. When I talked to the sister she was very informative she told me for the type of racing they did the stude was the most reliable. The boats would idle up to the start line when the flag dropped WOT to the finish. She said the caddy and hemi motors were faster but seldom finished the race.

dana barlow and loudbang like this.
  4. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Hope it's ok...I posted your note on the Stude Racing Site and the Stude Drivers Club site.
    I figured that this would be easier than you having to signing up for the sites.

Mike

P.s. - And the Conestoga site..!

5. Thanks for that mike.

6. thanks for the info.....hope some west coast guys have a need.......

7. Thanks again Mike got some intrest

8. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Cool, glad to help.
    Hope it works out.

Mike

9. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. I stand corrected I should know better .

11. There are a couple of studebaker pages on Facebook as well

loudbang likes this.
  12. One is going to guy in Germany .Three more to every likes free stuff

dana barlow likes this.