Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Let's see some Model A Sedans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stephen Barrett, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

traditional-hot-rods-photo-gallery-86.jpg

Credit to Photographer, Owner

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those were tough times the Great War was happening...Glad I could help out...I would say pretty definitively that that is what we are looking at...Now to Us here at the Hamb They weren't Hotrods but I'll Bet Gramps felt like it putting down the open road...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    1Nimrod likes this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...It's been posted here before but yeah pushing Ole Henry is entertaining always...;)

It was built by Our Friends Over The Big Pond in Finland were the Bar is of course Very High

:rolleyes:...Here's another one with some crazy rock n' roll if you don't like the music turn it down the content is interesting...No Motion but many stages of this Coachlike build...

Here's 200 pics at the place that built it at link below...

http://www.mat.fi/gallery/68

https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=2771

Credit to Videographers, Owners

4. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

I can only imagine how my GGGRT. Grandad felt the first time he was behind the wheel of that automobile. Scary but fun I'm almost certain... Saying Whoa most likely did not make the Ford stop... Thank God he had a big farm to drive around on so he could learn how to drive his new automobile LOL...

1Nimrod

Stogy likes this.
  5. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

I think he kept forgetting what gear he was in and trying to grab one more gear at top speed a few times LOL... That was VERY COOL Stogy...

1Nimrod

Stephen Barrett and Stogy like this.
  6. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

You all out there in HAMB LAND have a Wonderful Happy Merry Christmas with your family and friends and a Safe New Year...
    Form
    1Nimrod
    (Dustin)

Ron Funkhouser and Stogy like this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And to you to Justin...;)

ASedanLowboy.jpg

:rolleyes:...Nice...Hamber's May.........be?

brEad, 1947knuck, Speed Gems and 3 others like this.
  8. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

That's what I'm talkin' about. Nice!
    You as well and everybody else here on the HAMB. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1947knuck and Stogy like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1480581_1486547291605175_4921403659997510404_n.jpg

:rolleyes:...awesome radical blast from the past...all race but a historical reference for many period details...

It's just behind the main subject...

Apologies if already posted...;)

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

64333527_129703591587518_3670648202067292773_n.jpg

:rolleyes:...Fordors can mean business too...;)

mrspeedyt, brEad, 1947knuck and 5 others like this.
  11. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I don't want to see this thread run out of steam. I've always dug
    Model A sedans , four doors included. When I was a kid in
    the early '60s it seemed like there was one in a garage on every block in various states of
    repair. When I post photos I generally post one, sometimes two at most, to help keep things
    interesting. If too many pics are posted at one time, I sort of lose interest and go on to the
    next post. You picked a good topic, Stephen.

Good Guys Indy, 2008...

Goodguys Indy 2008 13.JPG

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FuelCoupeInvitational700.jpg

:rolleyes:...took me a while to find this most interesting pic...in a way it highlights what we are seeing here...popularity of Sedans...they did and continue to leave their mark and more than belong in the big picture...

Just looking at the Filename on this pic may shed light on the lonely A Sedan about 5 back in the front row...it says Fuel Coupe Invitational 700 so maybe that is the reason for so few sedans...

Dunno but they make awesome Hotrods

13. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I hope that based all the pictures you posted here you are enjoying this Thread and don't think I'm stepping on anyones toes with it. I enjoy your pictures and comments very much. I have also have seen the "tired-of-homogenized-hotrods" thread and it's great. Thanks for the link I recommend everybody go check it out.

14. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Thank your keeping this thread alive and that car is great. I also agree about too many pictures in one post but mostly because it makes it harder to comment on the one you like. Have a Merry Christmas.

1947knuck and quick85 like this.
  15. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Yeah for taking your friends for a hell ride. lol

16. Michael Nalavany from N.J. 324 Olds powered sedan with a B&M Hydro transmission

upload_2019-12-24_16-17-12.png upload_2019-12-24_16-19-3.png

17. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

No apologies necessary but I don't know what to think about that one though.

18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was purpose built for Race but still an A Sedan...it sports a impractical chop and streamlined nose to reduce wind drag...which works great for speed but not so much for street of which I'm somewhat certain did not happen with this one...

Notice the cut in Slanted Windshield to aid in vision over the straight up dimeslot that would have existed without the Slanted one...a look also ran on Gene Winfield's Racing Coupe...he may have coined it actually...

I like it because it helps verify the presence of Sedan in Period Hotrod...

Your right about sedans...they were heavier and were less popular than the Roadsters and Coupes but thankfully many countered that philosophy by running them despite reasons mentioned...

1947knuck and Stephen Barrett like this.
  19. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I had a pretty good idea about why. Aerodynamics and all but do you think that car went fast enough to even matter. That's just a joke. I'm sure it made a difference but boy is that thing ugly.

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A great deal of what happened wasn't a beauty contest and that's an interesting divide in the Big Picture...embrace it and understand why racers did what they did...the Street Scene prettied up the looks that race lacked in many cases...not totally true because a lot of street Hotrod wasn't pretty either and race actually happened on the Street before places (Strips) to race evolved so it was and actually still is Beauty and the Beast...

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

003-backstage-1961-dual-chevy-tudor_12845-10_19610111_ROD.jpg

:rolleyes:...soooooo this ones got some cool stuff going on...and it is a Rocker of a Sedan...

I remember the first time I saw this I thought it had a polished Firewall...Uh Uh Nope...:D

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  22. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Beast is the perfect word to describe it. I've been known to like some cars that aren't the prettiest but are to me. I do embrace the Big Picture that's why I'm here. As an artist esthetics mean a lot to me as well. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though. I've been enjoying the builds from The Rolling Bones lately. Their cars are not known for their shinny paint jobs but they are beautiful just the same. I'd post some but they don't build too many Sedans although I did see one the did in a video once. I'm pretty sure if you have them build you a car you are expected to bring it to Bonneville and run it. That's on my bucket list.

23. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Reminds me of stuff Tommy Ivo did back in the day.

24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@loudbang...Merry Christmas...I know you posted this Twin Engine A Tudor in the 60's Thread I believe...Do you have the full picture that you can post along with a link to that Great 60s Thread you have pumped so much content into...please and thanks in advance...​

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  25. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. loudbang

loudbang

No sorry that is the only shot of that I found.

27. Merry Christmas, form Ralphie Parker, Scott Farkus, Grover Gill, and the Tudor

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  28. knucklenutz

knucklenutz