Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1956/57 Lincoln Continental Mark II

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Oct 17, 2007.

1. barry2952

barry2952

They make headlight locating tabs for a reason. This is the Marty Feldman of Mark II-dom.

2. barry2952

barry2952

3. barry2952

barry2952

4. barry2952

barry2952

I'm a purist when it comes to this car, but I concur. The car was designed around wearing silly hats in the car. JFK killed that fad, thankfully.

5. 34Larry

34Larry

I have a story about the first 1956 sold in LA. My dad's sister married a tool and die machinist before the war who became a multimillionaire during and after the war in LA. He opened his own machine shop, contracted with the aircraft builders for parts or the war effort.
    They came once a year to visit and in '56, I was a junior in HS, came in a '56 CONTINENTAL
    After showing it off to the family, taking us for a ride, he asks if I'm driving yet. Throws me the keys and tells me to go for a drive. I swing by my buddy's place, we had a ball pretending we were big shots and driving it around the area for about 30 minuets or so. Will never forget it. (kinda regretted having to get into my '47 Kaiser, more door for a while) LOL

I most often go back in my posts, proof read them and so this is an edit.
    This story of my my uncle and his letting me take the car sounds far fetched when I see it in print, but I assure you it did happen. He ran pretty fast and loose according to my dad. Came out of Chicago, after the depression, turned into the stereo typical Chicago type in his later years, dressed to the nines, big belly, soggy in mouth at all times, and a know it all.
    His name was John
    Gibson and his business was, the Gibson machine & tool and die works, I was told anyway. His Mark II was caught in a big sand storm somewhere in Mexico that following summer and was sand blasted pretty bad I guess. I never heard how that played out either.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    flynbrian48 and barry2952 like this.