Register now to get rid of these ads!

Torque Twisters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flyboy89, May 8, 2011.

1. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

Hey, Any of you Wisconsin hambers have any info on the Torque Twisters Car Club out of Milwaukee? A hot rod friend of mine was in that club back in the early '50's and I would like to do something special for him with their logo. I was thinking about a Letter Jacket with the logo embroided on the back. I need info about the club colors and a picture of the logo. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

2. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

I'm pretty sure that Jerry Wiencek was in the Torque Twisters back then, he is now located in your neck of the woods, but he is from Milwaukee originally. I talk to his brother on a weekly basis, i will see what I can do.... stay tuned
    Cheatercarl

3. PM HAMBer CurtR as he knows all about the old Milwaukee area clubs.

4. 1930sedannewbee

1930sedannewbee

My dad was a torque twister back in the day. Drove a 57 Dodge Royal Custom convertible. Never saw any pics with the jackets they wore or anything. Does anyone have any pics of what they would have looked like?

5. Just searchin the posts for Torque Twister related posts, did this Car club take their name from the tyres out of California or where they the inspiration for the tyres?

I got these old boots on my '69 Morris Pickup, would love to replace them with new because of sidewall damage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chicken or the Egg question?

6. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Don't know if you're still looking but Dennis O'Brien has the original pattern for their plaques .....

[​IMG]

7. 21G

21G
    from WI

Digging up an old Thread...

The limited info I have on the Torque Twisters is, the club was started in Jan. 1954. In 1955 the NHRA and Wally Parks recognized the Torque Twisters as a club based in Milwaukee Wi. Next year will be the 60th anniversary of the Torque Twisters. I know 4 of the current members (not sure of any others) and they are looking to refire this club with some activities to acknowledge the 60 years of Hot Rodding history they share. I was was also told that the above license plate hanger is not correct for the Milwaukee based club. This info was released to me, a non-member, without the need to know any secret password, hand shake or dance.

8. first picture------------- original plaque

second picture----------club jacket, yet to be verified that, this design was the original design

third picture------------1956 NHRA National Drags, club plaque on back of 34 Ford coupe, lower right corner of picture

fourth picture-----------same as 3rd pic but, entire plaque can be seen

two of the four guys in pic 3 are still in the Milw area. About 4 or 5 guys from the 50's-60's club are around, also. For the past three years, I have put together a reunion of car club members and drag racers from the 50's and 60's, contact me for more info. Also, did a dvd of pics and movies showing club activities and drag racing, 50's and 60's. Wish you the best on your plans, keep me in the loop, thanks.

Curt R

Attached Files:

9. ADJUSTER26

ADJUSTER26
    from wisconsin

CQUOTE=Curt R;9274390]first picture------------- original plaque

second picture----------club jacket, yet to be verified that, this design was the original design

third picture------------1956 NHRA National Drags, club plaque on back of 34 Ford coupe, lower right corner of picture

fourth picture-----------same as 3rd pic but, entire plaque can be seen

two of the four guys in pic 3 are still in the Milw area. About 4 or 5 guys from the 50's-60's club are around, also. For the past three years, I have put together a reunion of car club members and drag racers from the 50's and 60's, contact me for more info. Also, did a dvd of pics and movies showing club activities and drag racing, 50's and 60's. Wish you the best on your plans, keep me in the loop, thanks.

Curt R[/QUOTE]
    CURT, THE JACKET YOU SHOW IS NOT THE ORIGINAL, WE CHANGED IT IN THE 90'S. THE ORIGINALS ARE LIKE THE CLUB PLAQUE. LOOK FOR THE 60TH ANNIVERSARY LOGO----TO COME SHORTLY. 1955 TO 2015

10. T, no hollering at me with the all capital letters. I didn't think the jacket logo was the original.

Curt R

11. wasnt there a torque twisters car show at the racine county fair grounds every late summer. i dont know if it still goes on or if its the same group. curt cool stuff like always.

12. ADJUSTER26

ADJUSTER26
    from wisconsin

Dont you know i cant type ????

13. jbspiro

jbspiro

14. jbspiro

jbspiro

We were in the Torque Twisters in the 1960s thru 1970s we have their winter jacket still. It has the logo on the back. This web won’t let me up load the picture.

15. jbspiro

jbspiro

16. jbspiro

jbspiro

We have the winter jacket from the torque twisters car club from the 60s x 70s

17. jbspiro

jbspiro

That is the summer jacket in the picture, we have the winter jacket. Can’t upload picture

18. jbspiro

jbspiro

That is the summer jacket in the picture, we have the winter jacket. Can’t upload picture.

19. jbspiro

jbspiro

DB7303B9-3280-4552-B288-E465352A5105.jpeg DB7303B9-3280-4552-B288-E465352A5105.jpeg B033AFD1-29BC-468D-AFF5-2397D0FBDE23.jpeg

Budget36 likes this.
  20. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

Just saw this thread again. Sorry to say that my pal Jerry Weincek passed away on April 20, 2014. I appreciate all the responses and help. I think of Jerry almost every day as he was and still is a great friend. We met in 1978 while I was in the fire academy and he was one of the instructors. One of the best. Again, thanks to all.

21. jbspiro

jbspiro

sorry for your loss

flyboy89 likes this.
  22. Dawn Z

Dawn Z

My dad was a member of the club and raced in the ice races in the late 50's early 60's on long lake. He still has his trophies, he'll be 83 this year, he has great memories, are there any ice rac we s from that era out there yet?

23. Dawn Z

Dawn Z

24. Curtis Kish

Curtis Kish

I was a member of the Milwaukee Torque Twisters in the early /mid 70's. I remember going to meetings at Kaspers Auto Trim on 60th and Kinnikinic. At that time, he was doing a T Bucket in diamond tufted red nylon crush velvet. I was really cool seeing the cars he did custom upholstery too.