Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Christmas list?, did Santa come through?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 18, 2019.

1. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Yes I Do HRP And It Would Make Me Believe In Santa Claus Again... paxtonsupercharger02.jpg

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My shop should be finished by Christmas Eve.....finally !

Deuces, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

know what I wish for? a nephew to buy toy cars for at Christmas.. all I got is nieces and my nieces had more nieces.

4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Nothing for myself. Stuff for the grandson is all I bought. Ain’t his fault his parents are pieces of crap, he’s gonna have a good Christmas as long as I live.....

Desoto291Hemi, raven, Deuces and 11 others like this.
  5. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some new Vise Grips. Lost 2 of them at the Syracuse Nationals. It was quite windy one day and I used my vise grips to help hold the fabric on our club tent. Seems none of my fellow club members remember seeing them...Hmmmm:rolleyes:

6. Last night I found and ordered a new set of 3 bar spinners for my Americans. Hope they get here before X-mas so I can wrap them, put 'em under the tree and act really surprised when I open them Christmas morning!

7. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Sounds like a very good Paw Paw right there to me.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll probably get that lump of coal this year. I doubt seriously if I get any hot rod parts and probably won't get any tools. I might get more gift certificates to add to the ones I got for my birthday but not much for car parts at Cabellas.
    No grand kids as my kids as good and productive as they are are real slackers in that department but that doesn't mean that I can't lay claim to some little guy and spring for a toy hotrod or two.,

9. Please don’t stone me for this, but, I needed batteries for my old Makita and found some on the bay of e from China for 1/3 the price of Makita ones. Been using them for a couple of years now and still work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. brady1929

brady1929

World peace. If I can't have that, then I would like motivation to get out into the garage so I can work on my hot rod project.

Deuces, alanp561, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  11. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

The more you post the less sense you make.

12. X-cpe

X-cpe

You did your part.

13. lake_harley

lake_harley

I'd like buyers for a couple project cars I have for sale so I can move on to the next crazy idea I have.

Lynn

14. I make a list.......
    and then I buy it all.
    But it's not always what I really needed or what works, so there are some flaws in the procedure. :eek:

15. Nothing for me, doing a very low key Xmas this year. I'm happy to just get through it and into 2020.

Deuces, 3W JOHN, 61Cruiser and 2 others like this.
  16. topher5150

topher5150

Found a speedway racing package in the mail yesterday...pretty sure i know what it is. I need a C-4 tran mount from CE.

17. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    My wife has decided that making a Christmas List if fruitless. We have most of what we want and there is not much more we could possibly want, except for a happy life for our granddaughter. As far as hot rods or cruisers, there are a couple, but we really don’t need those at the moment.

Sure, it would be nice to cruise around in that 1965 red Chevelle two door wagon, get plenty of stares and adulations, but we are beyond that point. We have had our share throughout our whole lives to this point. More is not the point, but just enjoying life as we have built it so far.

She buys what she wants, there is no holding her back when shopping. She and her sister are relentless in their shopping. But, as long as they wear what they buy, who cares and they look good doing it. If I see something that does not look good, I will take the brunt, but a nice pleasant comment goes towards the offending item. She takes those back immediately, after I show her the wrong fit or funny looks, etc.

Jnaki

The nice thing about not having a Christmas List is that there is no waiting in a check out line at any store or outdoor mall. AND…there is no rush to buy or make something that will just be a standard gift. I learned something from my dad. He always told my mom not to worry about getting him something. They both went shopping together and she gets what she wants and so did my dad. Then they wrapped the items and enjoy a late sleep-in Christmas Morning, while the two little brothers were ripping presents to shreds.

That was a nice story my mom told us after we got married. My dad was the hardest person to buy something for during any time of the year. So, the frantic Christmas List was one less, as my mom knew what we were all getting my dad for Christmas. We just added our names to the tag.

During our hot rod/drag race years, we did exchange “hot rod” gifts, but they slowed down as we got older and we were slowing down our involvement. Sure, hot rod parts were nice, but awkward, so Levis, t-shirts, and jackets filled in the hot rod attire wish list. So, this scenario moves to the modern era and comes around full circle…No realistic wish list, as we get what we need and want during the year.
    upload_2019-12-20_4-14-49.png
    P.S. Although, that 1965 bright red, Chevelle, two-door station wagon sure would be nice sitting in our small two car garage with a big bow on top... The drive to the nursery to get more succulent plants for our front yard would be extra special. There would also be plenty of room in the back to hold a ton of plants large and small.

But, one of our current cars would have to go...that is not nice. My wife's 6 year old station wagon and my 15 year old car have been our friends for this long period of ownership, virtually trouble free.
    upload_2019-12-20_4-25-36.png Maybe this old model car kit will be the one under our tree?

18. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

I already posted no list, but I thought of something I want for Christmas but can’t buy, garage time.

19. I don't do a Christmas list. But I do know what to expect. Our kids and the grandkids have spent every Christmas with us since the birth of our two a daughters. The oldest was born in 1980. There's never any presure for them to stay. But I'm happy that they do. Now what I'll probably get. Subscriptions to Hot Rod mag, car cleaning stuff, Rat Fink stuff that they find on line, and lots of Hot Wheels. Ron......

Deuces, jnaki, 3W JOHN and 3 others like this.
  20. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I know that feeling. I have two sisters, 3 daughters and now 4 granddaughters. I buy them tools anyway, and they look forward to it. The oldest granddaughter literally cut her teeth on a colored socket set I bought her at Horrible Freight.
    I do have one nephew, he'll be at Parris Island this Christmas, a little too big for toy trucks. Maybe I should send him a cap pistol.:D. It would be funny to me, but I bet his D.I. would crucify him, so I'll let him slide.
    The youngest granddaughter was born in May, way early, weighed in at around 2 lbs. She's doing fine now, I feel like I already got my Christmas, a little early this year.

21. Congratulations on the newest member of the clan. :) HRP

22. HEY DANNY,,,
    ,,,your new avatar sucks....sorry man,nothing but the truth.and to the Christmas stuff...BAH HUMBUG

23. Come on, it's not that bad.

I even made a new avatar for you,Bob - how about Ebenezer Scrooge? :D HRP

image5510181x.jpg

24. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Made my list and put it where it could be found a few weeks ago, there is a box under the tree that looks like it's the right shape. :)

Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

WBRW32 Don't change your Avetar!

26. Don't sweat it too much Bob, it will be gone after Christmas.. :D HRP

27. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just that all the HAMBER"S out there have a safe and healthy
    holiday season Ray

28. 1934coupe

1934coupe

As a follow up, the shipment tha Fedex says was delivered Monday showed up Friday. I had already contacted Weathertech and they said they would send out a replacement and that it would be here Monday the 23. I got one package yesterday which I refused and another today which I refused. No sense in keeping both orders I only needed 1 order. Karma.

buon Natale
    Pat

29. Honesty goes a long way. HRP

Deuces, 3W JOHN and 1934coupe like this.