Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Finally found a ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zettle Bros., Aug 13, 2019.

1. Alaska Jim

Alaska Jim

Thanks for the compliment on the coupe

Zettle Bros. and loudbang like this.
  2. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

That Tempest is just too nice!
    I hope that you will enjoy it for many years to come.
    KK

loudbang and Zettle Bros. like this.
  3. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

CLASS....simple and to the point.
    I like... A lot !

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

A friend in high school gave me a 4 door one for junk after he pulled the three deuce engine and tranny out.
    It had been their family car in earlier years, he said the tri carb setup was original???

5. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

It might of been. Back then you could check any box on the order sheet when you ordered a car and that's what you got.

low budget and loudbang like this.
  6. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Thanks. It is a nice car. It will work until I find a Model A coupe or two door hot rod down the road.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Alaska Jim

Alaska Jim

If you were closer, I would take it off your hands when you find the "A" you are looking for.

8. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

That would be cool Jim, maybe I could take that A off your hands!

loudbang likes this.
  9. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Beautiful Car with a neat Pontiac color :cool:
    Some one must make a BOP to Chevy trans adapter to go to the 200 r4 or 700r4, you won't be sorry, Shiftworks makes a gear selector conversion for the column or counsel with ratchet to make it look and work like factory installed O drive. Done this to a 64 Chevelle (same GM A body) with 3.73 gears that makes the car a joy to drive down the interstate while still pulling hard in the 1/4 ;)
    Did you find 8" Pie crust slicks yet for Uncle Sams Pie Crust Drags :rolleyes:

Algoma56, loudbang and Zettle Bros. like this.
  10. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Because this car is so number correct I'm going to leave it the way it is. As for the Pie Eating contest were out this year on that one. Liked it because it was laid back and a small event. Now it's stacked with Glory days and were done with the days of waiting 4 hours in the staging lanes to get one run in.

Tickety Boo and loudbang like this.
  11. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Nice! I was jonesing for one of them in high school. I'm building the wife a '65 Buick GS clone. Buicks first muscle car. In the upholstery shop now getting her new interior for Christmas.

[​IMG]

12. Beautiful car! Even though I haven’t had any Pontiacs for a few years, I still have a soft spot for them. I was building a 64 post GTO to be my “forever” frame-off, period drag/street car before I got married or adopted my kids. Going back to college, getting married, then getting a couple boys put it on the backburner long enough that I finally sold it in pieces. Anyway, I would almost just as soon have a Tempest or Lemans like yours as what I was building at this point in life. Maybe someday...

13. Alaska Jim

Alaska Jim

I think I will probably never sell the A , took me to long to get it. although , If I ever finish my roadster , things may change. As for your Tempest , a car that original is a rare find anymore, and just the way I would want it. I personally would not change a thing on it, I especially like the color, you don't see that much anymore. I was in my teens when these cars were new, and always liked them, even though I am more if a Ford guy, I like some of all the makes.