Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Scammer deluxe!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Just a warning guys. I have listed a highly sought after non HAMB vehicle on various forums and got a ton of hits! Thought man this thing is going to sell quick! Well.... there are some real tricky guys out there that will work you for a few days, talk about the car and seem knowledgeable about it, throwing you( or me) off guard! Then they say they will take it! So I say send payment! Well that’s where things start to go bad! Like their PayPal is having trouble, let me send it by wire to your bank etc. The thing is , now they are doing their research, and appearing to have knowledge of the subject! Before , all I ever saw was a quick “ I buy you car” How much do you take for you sale” crap! They are getting tricky and doing their homework ! I have wasted a lot of time the last two days on these guys! So beware guys!

Bones

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  2. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

"Send Cash"

Seems to be about the most practical way to avoid any jiggery-pokery.

"Let's meet in the lobby of a bank, or the Police station". That oughtta separate the scammers.

3. Bank wires are extremely safe...are you sure it's a scammer?

57 Fargo, Spooky and flatford39 like this.
  4. leon bee

leon bee

I'v thought for a while that the Nigerians have hired some US consultants to help them sound plausible. But now I think the US criminals have gone into business for themselves. I wish I could do something to them. Lowlife mother f*ckers.

St.Eriks likes this.

5. flatford39

flatford39

I have an account dedicated just for this and this only so my other bank accounts cannot get hacked. I have the money sent to that account and then I transfer it to one of my other accounts.

lurker mick and rustednutz like this.
  6. ...take out a new account at your bank, have em wire the $ to that account, move it to another acct....you can have the bank note on your acct. that it only receives incoming , nothing can be withdrawn....except by you,..really safe.
    then cancel that acct or keep it for future use....there is usually a small fee for wires, but worth every cent.

7. You want it bad enough, you find a way to put cash in my hand, at my choice of places. Don't bother me if you ain't prepared to follow these simple rules. Oh, and by the way, I have that little special marker too.

8. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

The separate account is the way to go. I do an immediate transfer to my main "play toy" account and leave just the bare minimum in the "transfer" account to keep it open.

olscrounger likes this.
  9. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I had a wire transfer done that was bank to bank not in my account then the bank paid me for a fee of course. But the guy was with me in the bank?

10. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Sometime's my paypal is out of service. But I let the seller know right up front.
    I don't like to use paypal for everything and will sometime's ask for another form of payment.
    I have done wire transfers in the past with no problems but I know that I'm honest and I don't want my ass kicked.
    Just be careful.

Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app