Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs AMT 3 in 1 Customizing kits

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakespeed63, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Critical Mass

Critical Mass

The AMT '57 Chevy came out in '62 or '63, so the model must have been the inspiration for the full-sized car.

2. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

OK. I have to be one of those nitpickers:rolleyes: If it was a 53 Buick Special it had to have a straight 8 engine. If it was a 322 it had to be a Super or Roadmaster. Not trying to be a know it all but being a Buick guy I had to speak up:)

3. goldmountain

goldmountain

I like model kits but I don't build them anymore. Didn't have much money growing up so the few models I had were continually being taken apart and reglued into something else. Nothing was ever finished as a result. Later on when I was working for money, I could afford to buy them so I would paint and glue them together one time but that didn't give the satisfaction of continually modifying them. One of my first kits was an AMT Styline '61 Ranchero that came with radical front and rear end extensions that you would glue on and mold with putty that came with it. Years later, I bought a new reissued '61 Ranchero model and it remains unbuilt in the box, never to be built because if I do, the magic will be gone.

jakespeed63 likes this.
  4. knucklenutz

knucklenutz

Not sure where I got the idea that it was a Special BuckeyeBuicks. The car did have a 322 V8 ( with the Dynaflow it was a toad ) I googled Green 1953 Buick Roadmaster 4 door and found this image. It is virtually the car that Dad had. Little side story : Dad had a "tune-up " done before we left for Seattle. We made about 100 miles on the first day out. Plagued by overheating, he took it to a garage. They diagnosed a bad radiator. 3 days later we were on the road with a recored radiator. going thru the Rockies in Alberta, the car had a terrible time making some of the grades. When we made Seattle, Dad took the car to a Buick garage. They found that one of the sheet metal spark plug shields had been incorrectly installed. Two plug wires were pinched ! The remainder of the trip was a breeze. Car-101229813-0833fe19cf1d2ced727ad1da73c66d1c.jpg

jakespeed63 likes this.