Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 'Tis the season.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ccain, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Man, you guys don't disappoint! I love it! Keep 'em comin'.

Thanks!!!

Deuces, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Just picked up the camper at a craft show where I was selling some wooden toys I made. Just had to have it! The car I borrowed from one of my boys... 20191208_145348.jpg

3. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

Yes, it started, but I used the starter button.
    After signed the papers and gave me the money, they went to load it on the deck truck and he says "Oh it is a manual transmission" and I asked what the problem was. Seems the actress cannot drive a stick.
    So if you can bear watching it again you will notice when she is driving they never show the crew pushing it.
    The ornament was new last year, I would think some Hallmark stores or their online would have it. With all the red truck stuff out there, it shouldn't be hard to find.

4. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Christmas barn find! IMG_20171224_142443_986 (1).jpg

5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I look forward to these each year. Brightens my days. Keep em coming......

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I'll be looking
    Now I HAVE to re-watch it! I'll also be hunting that Hallmark bauble. And for those of you who don't like watching the Hallmark Christmas movies you may not be watching them correctly; watch them as a comedy and keep an eye out for old cars!

7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I'll be looking
    I love the Norwell covers onCanadian Hot Rods though this years is a little disappointing, no Santa!

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Deuces like this.
  8. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

9. Christmas past. HRP

christmastreethe32pickup-1.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Randall, brEad, 210superair and 22 others like this.
  10. Merry Christmas Vintage Speed Shop Style

This is a 2nd tree I had set up a few year ago

[​IMG][​IMG]

brEad, chryslerfan55, BigO and 16 others like this.
  11. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

12. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

13. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

Santa is on the roof!

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I guess I better get new glasses! But he should be more prominent!

loudbang and Deuces like this.
  15. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Merry Christmas and thanks to all

Deuces, Stogy, Ron Funkhouser and 3 others like this.
  16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

17. Deuces

Deuces

18. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2019-12-12_4-15-27.png
    Hello,

We have all heard the stories of driving up to the mountains to cut down a Christmas Tree. The movies have all played it up to the point of people actually wanting to cut down their own tree. There are some local Christmas Tree farms and specific lots where you actually can cut down a tree that has been growing for several years. But, it is not high up in the snow covered mountains.

Now, if anyone is willing to drive their hot rods or classic sedans/station wagons, there is a place 5 hours away (from downtown LA) in California where a family can cut down an actual Christmas Tree in a forest. It does require a permit and a long list of dos and don’ts for a successful “fresh” cut tree. Not ones that have been cut and transported thousands of miles to be labeled…fresh cut.

upload_2019-12-12_4-16-0.png Kimpton Goodland Resort in Goleta,CA
    Jnaki

If your hot rod or classic station wagon is up for it, this sounds like a great place to go. Be warned, there is so much snow right now, that Mammoth Mountain Ski Area has a reputation after, “A series of storms that walloped California over the past couple weeks. It has been a boon to Mammoth Mountain, which now has the most open terrain of any ski resort in the U.S.”

“Mammoth Lakes, off of Highway 395 in the Eastern Sierra Mountain Range, is offering “cut-your-own-tree” permits for $5 to $10, depending on which area of Inyo National Forest you want to get yours from.

Of course, you’ll also have to factor in the price of gas for the five-hour drive (one way) from Southern California. But other national forests in the region — including Angeles, San Bernardino and Los Padres — prohibit Christmas tree cutting.”

REMOVING TREES FROM A NATIONAL FOREST WITHOUT A PERMIT IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE.

“At Mammoth Lakes, permits and tree tags are available at the Welcome Center, 2510 Main St. Upon paying, you’ll be given a map of the zones for holiday tree cutting and a list of regulations. The areas are stocked with everything from classic firs to Charlie Brown-style trees.”

19. { JNAKI }, a cool story. Here's my Christmas tree story. Growing up in the Shenandoah valley of Va. Getting a real tree was the normal thing to do. Both of my grandad's had farms. Like other farmers they didn't like evergreen trees on their pasture land. So wild pine, and cedar trees were free for the taking. My dad would grab the hatchet, and off we would go to get our tree. I did the same with my kids too. It was so much fun! Now my wife has an artificial tree. She doesn't want the mess of a real tree. But I still get to put my train around the tree to play with. lol Ron.... 20191211_193746.jpeg 20191211_193539.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

21. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

Life is to short to be picky on terms! Pete[/QUOTE]
    Then you don't mind if your ride is called a dune buggy or a rat rod? Words mean things.

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and prpmmp like this.
  22. [​IMG]

Hey hey! Get back to posting pics because like it or not, we're gonna have the hap-hap-happiest "whatever the hell you want to call it" since Bing Crosby tapped danced with Danny fucking Kaye!

Great! Now I want to watch Christmas Vacation. Thanks a LOT! :D

I love and hate you guys all at the same time. That's what makes us family. :D

23. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

24. v8flat44

v8flat44

The ole Ford in the shed is fast asleep
    The snow outside is ankle deep
    So to unscramble my weary brains
    I'm gonna go run my electric trains
    Merry CHRISTmas everyone

25. prpmmp

prpmmp

Then you don't mind if your ride is called a dune buggy or a rat rod? Words mean things.[/QUOTE] Does not bother me a little bit!! Pete

26. Utahvette

Utahvette