Register now to get rid of these ads!

History We once belonged.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by FordyG, Sep 13, 2019.

1. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

You would have been only 12-13 year's old in 1968 not old enough for the US Armed Force's to put you in the motor pool! Did I miss something or not understand what you mean??

1Nimrod

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

yup, you are correct on the math, but in '74 they didn't need me with one good eye...
    but in '68 they probably would have taken me and found a job I could do... kp, motor pool etc.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  3. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

Sorry to hear Mike about your Dad and all... it leaves a mental scar but you sound like it didn’t get you down. God Bless You and your Mom Buddy!

4. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

I’m wondering if a lot of it is just his shadow on the car and all the white dots make it look like something.. what do you think?

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

... You just might have something there Watson...

1Nimrod

6. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

But my friend you broke the chain. Thank God for that and you make the choice everyday to be better and not to be like him. Remember to Love your Dad because he brought you into this world but you do not have to be like him... Peace be upon you my friend and God's love each day...

1Nimrod

7. hotrodfords

hotrodfords

Thanks for sharing your family memories, they are great.

loudbang, FordyG and 1Nimrod like this.
  8. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

I can't speak for the US Government taking you or not because of your eye but I know of two people two different life stories #1 my best friend had the front half of his foot cut off from a freak accident and the Government would not take him. #2 my Aunt's brother had one bad eye and the US Army drafted him. I have letter's from him when in country telling us it was his turn at point and he and the other's with him had to go into the mountains to go dig out the VC with Flamethrowers and shot guns in the tunnels that morning. Thank God he made it home got married and raised a family. Just saying one never knows what our Government will do in War time...
    Thanks again to all those that Served and are Serving in the US Military God Bless and protect you all...

1Nimrod

9. FordyG

FordyG

you bet, pictures are to be shared. Most of these have probably been in a box the last 40 years

1Nimrod and loudbang like this.
  10. FordyG

FordyG

Here are the rest of those car show pictures from Snowbird, I am not 100% on the year but it had to be 73-75ish, I think Snowbird opened up in 71. Mods feel free to delete these as its a slippery slope here.
    img061.jpg

img038.jpg

img039.jpg

img040.jpg

img063.jpg

11. FordyG

FordyG

Few more, I do know dad was never a member of Stags.
    img074.jpg

img075.jpg

img076.jpg

img077.jpg

12. Thanks FordyG, brought back some memories.

Mick

loudbang and FordyG like this.
  13. FordyG

FordyG

You bet, I am just down the road, maybe you will see my truck running around soon. You ever see a blue 52? Studebaker truck running around that is my dads oldest brother. The 40 coupe this thread started with has been running around for 15+ years now, the 57 150 handyman wagon my brother built out in his garage will be on display at peach days next year for best of show.

14. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

Lol

15. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

Sweet ghost flames on that nice looking white ragtop dark cherry/purple rod next to the red Corvette. I didn't know they were doing ghost flames in the 70's? Sooo Cooool man... Who ever painted that rod had some excellent talent...

1Nimrod

16. FordyG

FordyG

Rolling redlines in High School. img035.jpg

17. FordyG

FordyG

Sorry I think I posted that one earlier, but I went through my scans and I think that is about it not counting those that came afterwards that I can't post here. I have my uncle painting one of those post Vietnam/Dad/Coupe pictures for me, I do have one that is relevant here but is a picture of my dad aboard the U.S.S. Vancouver with some of these exact same pictures I scanned on the wall behind him.

18. 28rpu

28rpu

That blue with black cobwebbed fenders '34-5 Chevy coupe sure looks like one I saw at the 'Run To The Sun' rod run in Sun Valley, Idaho back in the mid-late 70's.

loudbang likes this.
  19. FordyG

FordyG

I couldn't tell you but look for my brothers 57 wagon build this March in Boise at Autorama.

loudbang likes this.
  20. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I was in the army from 1969-1971, in the infantry, but didn’t serve in Nam. Whatever these guys did to survive there is nothing wrong with. Every one did the job they needed to

loudbang likes this.