Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can i get some 46-48 ford pics???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DIRTYT, Oct 15, 2004.

1. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

since it looks like ill be getting a 46 ford coupe here soon. thanks to a little hamb horse trading! id like to see some pics of some 46-48 ford coupes. i dig the hotrod look more then the custom look. since i allready have a preety cool custom in the works. but non the less show me what u have. ive looked the net high and low and i thought there were more of these cars out there. but it seems there are not??

any powertrain ideas u would like to entertain me with be sure to let it out. im kinda thinking flathead would kinda kill the budget on this build. i dunno let me know what u guys think...

Thanks for the help in advance!
    Bryan

2. kentucky

kentucky

A lot of them you see have the "resto-rod" look, stock body with different wheel and tire combos. I think they look good with a little de-chrome and an altitude adjustment. I plan to run a flatty in mine unless I find something cooler to stick my flatty in, then the 46 will get a carbureted 5.0 with a C4 and 8" rear. I am definitely sticking with the buggy spring up front, I got a 48 axle and shock mounts so I can run tube shocks. I'll probably just get a reverse eye spring to get the nose down, maybe a dropped axle later. I am going with discs up front, and I got an adapter from Joe Smith to use a 68-73 mustang master cyl on the stock pedals. I think it's an ECI part actually. Anyhow here's a crappy pic of my first cruise in it, trying to get it loaded in Minnesota. I like the rake that flat gives it!

[​IMG]

3. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

SOMEONE please post a pic of Fat Jack Robinson's old ride...that's the car that made me dig fat fendered rods!

4. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

hell screw the rake u get with the flat tire look how cool it sits with no wheel or tire!!! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

really does not fit the "HAMB" but here is my old coupe that i traded for my 51 merc.

Attached Files:

6. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Looks like a great project!! Keep us updated

7. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

If you are looking for an inexpensive but spirited driveline why don't you consider a reman `94-`95 Mustang 5.0 Ford from Mustang Parts Specialties in Winder Georgia. I doubt you could rebuild one that cheap and they come with the correct rear sump pan and "shorty" water pump and timing cover. They sell `em for $1250 exchange and the core is $150. Back that up with a C4 auto or T5 manuel and you'll have a very nice driveline package. The sheer economies of scale involved in the 5.0 Mustang stuff has driven prices way down.

I'd like to try one with the Edelbrock "classic" valve covers and that slingshot dual 3-bolt carb adapter from Vintage Speed that bolts to a standard Holley flange.Could be very cool and done on the cheap.

8. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

The perfect 42-48 is a business coupe with at mild/wild Flathead. modern five speed gearbox, disc brakes in the front. air suspension for the rake. (i still have to fix my gearbox/brakes/suspension)
    And of course it must have a 51 dash [​IMG]

PS: a 4" channeling job would help a lot....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

PLEASE let me paint it for you. I have just the color picked out. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Heres the one I just sold to HAMBer Jman

11. Sweats

Sweats

Here's the mill outa my 46, basic Chevy hooked to OEM driveline, does pretty good.

Attached Files:

12. kentucky

kentucky

[ QUOTE ]
    hell screw the rake u get with the flat tire look how cool it sits with no wheel or tire!!! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! You stole my paint scheme [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

14. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

those are some cool fords! How much does it cost to get the roof raised like those [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Sent some to your email address. To large to post here

16. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

48 HEMI. About 15 years ago we were doing an event here in Prinetucky, OR and late Friday night a very nice '50 Merc drove in and was in the process of unloading his trunk and I said, "Nice car". It was lowered but had a stock roof. And he said, "Thank you" and I replied......."how long did it take you to get the top that tall?" He never said a word. Just loaded up his trunk and was never seen again. Musta got pretty thin skinned welding in those pillar extentions!
    [​IMG]

17. laidoutford

laidoutford

Hey 48 HEMI, let's see some more pics of that chopt 3 window you got there. It looks channelled as well. Got any more pics? Thanks.. [​IMG]

18. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

I think my old Ford will be a little different, It has been sitting in the corner of my shop untouched for the last six years. I pull it to the center from time to time. I have way to many projects. but this is my sole keeper (SOUL KEEPER TOO)
    It has been one of those project that kept growing. way to many (and to often) changes to ever finish. I've finally resolved to finish the three or four changes that I'm in the middle of and drive it.
    I'll start posting progress photo's rather than the same old photo's that have been on the board many times in the six or seven years [​IMG]

this is a modified and narrowed 8 inches 48 buick dash. the wires hanging down are from the electric sunroof from a 60's Porsche

Attached Files:

19. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

[ QUOTE ]
    those are some cool fords! How much does it cost to get the roof raised like those [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like this?

20. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Jim C.
    it's not easy to get the windshield and side windows the same size. the more you chop the more noticeable it gets. the one you posted looks good.
    I decided that I had to make my side windows smaller rather than raising the windshield (nothing wrong with that)
    I ended up using up 6 48 ford doors to make two the way I wanted them.
    this photo shows I moved the bottom up 1 inch and the top down 3/4 inch [​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. Brickster

Brickster

not mine

Attached Files:

22. not mine but a nice one
    [​IMG]

23. Alfster

Alfster

<font color="red">It's shiney, not chopped and not mine. [​IMG] </font>

Attached Files:

24. The former plan, now it'll be dk. blue with no ghost flames and chrome OEMs and WWWs like my avatar. Everything else will be the same.
    [​IMG]

25. kentucky

kentucky

Hey Tudor, what's your chassis and running gear setup? What is that column out of? Thanks!

26. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

27. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

this thread is fifteen years old! :p

28. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

Let’s breathe some life back into this thread!!