Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats the worst thing you ran over with a Hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, Apr 23, 2013.

1. A skunk!!,
    What a mess.

2. 62rebel

62rebel

My credit limit

Roadsir, LOST ANGEL and raven like this.
  3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Muskogee county roads!

Bones

charleyw likes this.
  4. Terrible80

Terrible80

Somebody's hound dog. Appeared directly in front of me cringing in the headlights of my old mans 53 F100. I froze the straight axle missed him pumpkin didn't. I stopped , but he was gone, hope he made it.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. miky2001

miky2001
    from houston

Mother in law

56don likes this.
  6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

7. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Skunk, my brother almost fainted the next day when he opened the garage door. Was a bit overwhelming.

8. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

I ran over my own battery in my '55 Chevy years ago. Always remember to strap the battery down!

9. There was this unpaved driveway that wrapped behind the Water Department Public Works which made a good spot to watch the submarine races. I guess they were planning to pave it because they raise a manhole collar up about 4 or 5 inches; hard to see in the dark. :confused:
    Anyway, one towtruck + one pissed off girlfriend + one pissed off girlfriend's father, it was all over except for the bill for a new bellhousing. :rolleyes:

10. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

three come to mind. 1st was a flock of sheep in the road in the fog-no damage to the car but lots of dead sheep. 2nd was in my friend's 58 Ford in the fog. Hit a large hog in the road! Major damage-like hitting a rock! Grille, front bumper, radiator,and broken motor mounts--big mess too. Other was a Pheasant at 60MPH in a 55 Chevy pickup. Hit pass side windshield-came thru and blood, feathers etc everywhere in the cab.

11. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

A bunch of us were coming home from Back to the 50's and I ran over a brand new 5/16" bolt 4" long with my Roadster. It got the rear tire and we heard a pop and a hiss then it stopped. My friend said what was that and I said it was a tire! We will see what happens! Everything seemed fine and when we got to the next gas stop the car following us said we had something shinney going around in the left rear tire. I kicked the tire and it was hard and we fixed it when we got home.It was a new bolt and sealed up fine. Now every time I park the car that inside patch plug is always on top! Gary

12. I have never run over anything with my 53 Chev, but coming home from work I saw 67 Charger pulling to the tire shop.
    I turned to look at it as I drove by the driver started waving frantically, and pointing as I turned back, I saw what he was pointing at.
    The wheel cover that had come off and was laying in the road. It was too late I ran over it.
    It made a god awful crushing sound I felt awful.
    I turned around to apologize, he was pretty hot at first until I told him I was a car guy with a 53 Chevy and offered to find him a new wheel cover.
    He calmed down and said, "No, I have av N.O.S. one I thought your some punk who wasn't paying attention and run over it for fun."

13. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[/QUOTE]

wraymen,

That sounds like it was a pretty tough situation...but I have to confess, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time...:eek::confused::rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  14. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

I don’t know but it left a deep gouge on the bottom of the oil pan and trans pan...

15. To this day she still frowns about the bug when it's brought up but always ends up laughing.
    As far as the dog, it took a long time before I could even talk about it. Years later it makes for a good tale around the campfire but being a dog lover it still kind of haunts me.

Thor1 likes this.
  16. A kingsize mattress ..in the middle of the freeway in a lowriding mintruck..

All the steel springs Wrapped around the driveshaft-jammed in the wheelwells..couldn't move. It was horrible

Had traffic backed up as far as I could see... (Ok I know not a "hotrod" & not me.... But we saw it ! Me & @samurai mike ...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019