Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texan with a 65 Chevy C20

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Russell Lane, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Russell Lane

Russell Lane

Read the few rules and was suggested I introduce myself. The title says what I’m working on and was relieved to see that the age meets the minimum requirements. I’ve been working on this beast for years now and have taken it slow due to money constraints. But it runs and runs very well. I’ll be retiring in 15 months and then I’ll remove the body and repair all the rust, paint the frame, paint the body parts and reassemble.

I bought this truck because it’s a long bed step-side. Some folks think it’s ugly and say I should cut it down and build a short bed. Since I don’t need people like that in my life I cut those people loose after saying a few choice words about their heritage. I love my long stepper and you just don’t see that many. And 3/4 tons aren’t exactly a dime a dozen either.

Well, that’s my truck and as for me, I’m 66 years old and live in Austin Texas. I’m happily married most days and the others I’m grudgingly married. But no matter what, I’m always married. My wife has never once asked what anything cost that I’ve bought for this truck or any of the predecessors and has never complained about how much time I’ve spent working on it. She’s always been supportive and always asks if I need help when I’m working on something. She’s not a lot of help but she has two hands that have been greasy from holding something for me. She’s not my first wife but she’ll be my last. I’d be a fool to think that I could do better.

Well, so much for my *short* introduction! IMG_1666.JPG IMG_3234.JPG IMG_0876.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. gigem

gigem

Howdy from Lakeway, right down the road from you!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Russell Lane likes this.
  3. Russell Lane

Russell Lane

Howdy! And thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app