Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical MOTOR, Flathead Manifold & Head Reviews

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Psychobilly Boi, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I just talked to Jerry Jobe about his dyno experience with different intake manifolds and he confirms that there isn't much of a difference in the major brands.

He did say to stay away from the hi-rise intakes on the street because modern fuels like to deatomize in the long runners.

So if you go with say an Offy super and switch to a Edmons super you won't see much difference.

Hope this helps...

2. flatoz

flatoz

Thanx Phil,

Just dont quite understand the comment about fuels and deatomisation in the runners??

I would have thought that hi rise intakes would allow longer period of time to deatomise?

maybe I miss read?

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

oldie but a goody...

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Back up for a lot of newbees who haven’t read this from many who are no longer with us.

5. Pete joe,
    Yeah I was reading this thread and didn’t recognize any names but yours.
    Oops,,,forgive me,,,also Ryan.
    Correction,,,also Bruce Lancaster!
    It is many years old,,,,,sadly,,,,are all of those guys gone ?

Tommy

Petejoe likes this.
  6. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The most interesting thing I saw in this admittedly old article (1955) from a Hot Rod Annual mentioned by Bruce lancaster that gave the times from a real world test. In it, they were able to drop the 1/4 mile et of the test vehicle from 17.23 to 16.00 flat using just bolt on stuff (heads, carbs, ignition). I've never seen it before and found it quite informative. It's the first time I've seen actual 1/4 mile times stated. I've always wondered if my car would get into the 15's. After seeing this, it just might.

Petejoe and Desoto291Hemi like this.