Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods "New Member"?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fortunateson, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Has anyone heard of [email protected] or mowen6184? Mowen responded to an add I posted regarding an aluminum head and suggested I contact the mark fellow. Mark want my location which I sent but only the province that I'm in.

However my scam alert in my mind went off and I checked that mowen6184 just joined the HAMB yesterday so I thought I'd ask for info from everyone. I don't think my reply can create any problems for me. What do you all think?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. He has no profile page info. It sounds like typical scammer.

dana barlow likes this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Red flag.

4. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

That's what I'm thinking. Hey guys, in order to stop me getting scammed how about one of you honourable HAMB members sell me, at a reasonable cost, an aluminum head for my 25" Chrysler block! LOL

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yup, I checked his page, His IP address listed him as being in Nigeria... I banned him

6. Wow. Mark ... customs, hot rods, collectables, & cyber warrioring. Dig it !!

7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Thank you!

Stogy, lothiandon1940 and Moriarity like this.
  8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

how do they hear about the HAMB in Nigeria!

9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

A Nigerian prince was touring Canada and the US and got hooked on it. Too bad he didn't try hockey as we could have given a complimentary hip check and perhaps showed him how we do "boarding!".

10. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

The moderators are constantly protecting us from stuff like this. Thank you Mark and great job.

hotrodharry2 and Never2low like this.
  11. It's advertised on the side of tiger's in the wild :confused:

12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What's the issue ? I'm sure a Nigerian prince could certainly afford the parts...and probably wouldn't have to ask his wife (the Princess) for permission to spend the cash. AND he would probably send extra money for the shipper, and your time. ;)

Desoto291Hemi and trollst like this.
  13. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Did anyone else get a little turned on when Mark said "he banned him"???????????????

14. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

15. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Shave your iron head, deck your block and save a lot of money with the same performance gain.....you also won't end up with stripped spark plug threads or the head and block heating and expanding at different rates.

16. google search

17. LOL I may have peed a little bit. :oops::oops::oops: I wasn't gonna say anything but since you asked. :eek::D

Moriarity and brigrat like this.