Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A few thoughts on the upcoming year. Take 2.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chryslerfan55, Dec 6, 2019.

1. I always have plans and I hope I get to some of them.
    My Desoto engine,,my Flathead,,,,,a lot of around the house stuff too.
    Make more money to pay bills,,,,Lol.

I always remember this saying I read several years ago,,,,it seems to always hold true.
    It goes,,,, “if you want to hear God laugh,,,,just make plans “ .

Tommy

Hnstray and Rickybop like this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've spent my life looking at other peoples cars, got to work on some truly great ones over the years. Got hooked on Pebble Beach and the 2020 event should be really special. Hershey swap meet space reservation info should be in the mail soon. If I get in the mood I may work one of the projects, just don't bet too heavily on it. Merry Christmas and Best wishes for 2020. Bob

mad mikey, Budget36 and jim snow like this.
  3. My first plan is to take care of all the little details so my theoretical driver becomes an actual driver and I no longer see the Who farted? expression every time I ask my wife to go for a ride.

My #2 plan is to make it to 2021.

mad mikey and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  4. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

In 2020 I'd like to get my 40 Plymouth sedan running and start putting a running gear in the 26 Dodge Brothers truck. It would also be nice to get some non car stuff done around the house.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Gonna be another big ridiculous year.

assuming I get my “before the end of the year” list done.... hmmmm. 2020.

Have second child

Do more projects with first child now that we can find tiny gloves that fit

have the 46’ cleaned, greased and lubed for the spring so I can actually drive it. The last two seasons have been really thin. I feel shitty about it. I can’t see any reason I shouldn’t be able to this coming year.

I have a small list of projects for the 46 that aren't to in depth so if I get a few “garage” moments I have something to mess with. And if they don’t get done they’ll just rolled over to next years list. Nothing that’s gonna stop me from driving it

After the last few months of really pushing on the A I have a list of small projects I could do with hopes of it looking respectable enough to bring to a Labor Day car show via trailer just to park it in the grass and see what people think. It’s got a cool “old hot rod we found” vibe at the moment. Be kinda neat to show it that way before it comes apart to be finished.

but most likely I’ll put a tarp over it and largely ignore it. I’m trying to make this year about driving the 46 and staying out of the garage save for “sanity garage time”

anyhow that’s the plan. Probably try to visit local friends shops more often that I have lately but that’s probably a pipe dream.

The last few months have been all about getting the house, yard, garage and cars to a point that I can feel comfortable ignoring them for at least 9 months while the family grows and re adjusts/ finds the new norm.

Desoto291Hemi and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Oh and I also plan on watching video of @Blue One driving that hotrod finally.

seeing @Rocky put the new five spokes on his coupe.

watching @flatout51 take his model A apart and back together three more times

and hopefully seeing @Austin kays get his Flathead running again.

7. Ended 2018 recovering from a hernia operation due to throwing around some Ford top loaders I'd want to blame instead of all the other shit I do in my 60's like I did in my 20's. Have lots of irons in the fire - as much pre 1964 as OT stuff which is how I roll.....hope I get Val to strip in the coming year.......

mad mikey and Tim like this.
  8. I NEED to get my 56 belair on the road, do a couple improvements to the old Vette. And maybe get reaquianted with my ole Plymouth.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    mad mikey likes this.
  9. trollst

trollst

Somehow, I'm gonna make bonneville this year.......biggest bucket on the list.

mad mikey likes this.
  10. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

Hoping to get the Vedette back on the road, it was a simple shifter change that morphed into fixing lots of PO shortcuts. :(
    Also plan on measuring up a few V8's and seeing what I can squeeze in. :)
    Got to chase up a lead I have on another one so may just build that.

11. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We sold our house in NY & moved early this year. The house we bought in KY. didn't have a shop, so my cars & stuff went into storage. Just now getting the new shop finished and plan to spend the Winter getting electricity to it, hook up the air system and get all my machinery, shelving, etc., all set up.

Once I'm done with all that, it'll be on to finishing up my '36 3w build, so I can drive it before I die......

12. 1racerfool

1racerfool

Drive my 40 ford coupe to speedweek at Bonneville and finish my c1 and spend more time with the kids and have more adventures and learn to type better and , onward thru the fog of old age

chryslerfan55, charleyw and trollst like this.
  13. Well, I am hoping for a much better year. 2019 has been a horrible year for me. Got lay off from work in Feb. Got another job in April. This was the worst experience I ever had, the company owner was a vicious tyrant who screams vile things at everybody all day and fires people on a weekly bases. I left that job before I had a breakdown or heart attack, the stress was off the chart. Luckily I got called back to where I was and its going well at our small auto shop. I sure want to do alot more race and show events with the coupe in the coming year. The car will be ready for anything. Wishing all the HAMB family the very best for 2020.

14. Rebuild the steering gear on my RPU. Sell some A stuff that I will never use and just "Keep on Keepn' On"

chryslerfan55 and mad mikey like this.
  15. Still working 3 days a week at age 72, squirreling away parts for the complete retirement drought.
    • Sell my off-topic stuff (not my John Deeres though!)
    • Make the F-1 a true daily driver
    • Start the modified project
    • Road trips!

chryslerfan55 and guthriesmith like this.
  16. Well 5 years ago I got a new lease on life and a month ago I got my new knee so the way I see it THE SKYS THE LIMIT !! If everything keeps going like it is, I’m gonna have a great 20-30 years of building and driving Hot Rods. Mitch

17. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Just Keeping The Faith....Again... 78466070_2468116090179324_5173213976896471040_n.jpg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. Love the responses fellas keep them coming. All moderators are welcome to chime in as well.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.