Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 54 Chevy brakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by monteg0, Dec 7, 2019.

1. monteg0

monteg0

can anyone tell me if there was a difference between the brakes between a 210 and a belair? I need an adjuster, and while rock auto has a listing for the bel air, they dont have anything listed for the 210.

2. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

All Chevy car brakes 1951 to 1958 the same if my memory is right - might even be later than ‘58

monteg0 and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  3. monteg0

monteg0

awesome. I kind of expected that, but thank you.

4. 53-4 all models are the same. 55-7 adjusters may fit

monteg0 likes this.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Parts house computers are stupid. I have a 1993 GMC Sonoma (S-10 size). I have yet to come across a parts house computer with Sonoma in it. guy tried to sell me brake parts for a full size truck a few months back.

monteg0 likes this.
  6. monteg0

monteg0

nobody had one on the shelf, so I hit it with some heat and some pb blaster and it broke free.

on a related note: I started with a seized engine in april, without pulling the engine, I drove it for the first time today. it was last licensed in 1989, and this post has been very helpful on that quest. so thank you guys, and I'll make a proper TY post later!

7. flatford39

flatford39

Good for you....now you are a mechanic and not just a parts changer. There is a huge difference.

8. monteg0

monteg0

I grew up wrenching on 70s fords, and I've restored several, but there was almost always something on the shelf. this 54 has been ...different, lol