Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>> FRIDAY ART SHOW 12/6/19 <<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoggie, Dec 5, 2019.

1. kenmo

kenmo

2015 Atlantic Nationals, Moncton, New Brunswick Canada - July 2015

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. JBurt

JBurt

Lets try this again. I give up. Maybe next week
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. guy1unico

guy1unico

chryslerfan55, 41 GMC K-18 and robber like this.
  6. robber

robber

Likewise to you and yours, my friend... :)

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  7. robber

robber

.."Rivie"... :) cp 777.JPG

charleyw, Stogy, Wild Willy and 18 others like this.
  8. Haven't posted in the FAS for quite some time due to some health issues and other reasons. Today I thought I would do something a bit different and post some pictures of the art of others;some of whom are sadly no longer with us. Two are Deadbeat Jeff Shea and a good friend named Jim Rich.
    Jeff's contributions to this are his infamous "Broken Dream Kruise" panels;the get together he and Jime Litwalk used to host the week before the Woodward Dream Cruise. We lost Jeff this year at the age of 49;a very talented pinstriper and tattoo artist.
    Jim Rich was kind of a quiet guy I met through a mutual friend. He was the art director for Tom Leichty's "Automotive Lifestyles" cable TV show..I took over his duties after he passed. His rendering of the 38 Chevy sedan is a water color rendering he gave me about a week before his passing.
    Don Penttila is an East Coast artist I met in the 1960's when he was working the car shows and selling his,"panels"(first time I ever saw anything like it)that were done on scraps of wood. Don is(I think he is still alive)one of the greatest gold leaf artists around and specialized in large trucks.
    The panel done by Peter Cangemi(aka Peter Gun) was a gift and was totally amazing to me.The picture is that of someone excavating a grave site and he hand painted my face onto the picture and added double red & blue stripes to the bones of the skeleton! It is photographed on a background of 1 inch squares to give you an idea of the size.
    The motorcycle was done by my good friend and fellow striper Richie Canto of Wakefield Mass. We started striping about the same time(1957).The picture was done by putting the paper on the floor and standing on a ladder over it and dripping paint onto the paper. His last resurrection was an 1870's stagecoach that took nearly 20 years.
    My good buddy Shane Syx's S-10 has been completely re-done since these photos were taken. He does it over every few years and puts more dragons on it.
    The last one is a sculpture that was done by someone named T.J.Aiken who I believe works out of a company called Flatlanders in Blissfield MI. They install art all around the town and change it every year. This one was for sale but I couldn't quite afford the $20,000 price tag. Neat piece though.
    Anyway for what it's worth here are the pictures. Hope you enjoy them. JeffSheaBDKArt004.JPG JeffSheaBDKArt5.JPG JeffSheaBDKArt6.JPG JeffSheaBDKArt 001.jpg JeffSheaBDKArt 002.jpg JeffSheaBDKArt 003.jpg Jim's38ChevyWaterColor.jpg PenttilasPanelscirca1969 001.jpg PenttilasPanelscirca1969 002.jpg PenttilasPanelscirca1969 003.jpg PenttilasPanelscirca1969 004.jpg PeterGunnArt2019 001.jpg PeterGunnArt2019 003.jpg PeterGunnArt2019 004.jpg RichieCantoArt 001.jpg SSyxTruck2.jpg View attachment 4505534 View attachment 4505535 T.J.Aiken2010Art7.JPG

9. wicarnut

wicarnut

10. That '55 is awesome...:D

11. wicarnut

wicarnut

12. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks Ken ......love your photos especially the T Bucket. At first I thought it was women in the car.

Lil32 likes this.
  13. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your set of hood shots are fantastic!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    Stogy and JBurt like this.
  14. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now THAT is the best “giving credit” I’ve ever seen! Thank you for sharing.

Stogy and David Gersic like this.
  15. ...thanks to everyone for the likes and compliments, and for all those who post.
    scrap drive designs 001.jpg scrap drive designs 002.jpg

16. JBurt

JBurt

Thanks, all of them were shot in the "wild" at car shows, most still have the original backgrounds, like the one this week. Caution flashers,trees, and buildings. I don't remember what the red was.

Shutter Speed and Stogy like this.
  17. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

Some REALLY COOL STUFF in here !!!!

JBurt and Stogy like this.