Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1940 chopped Mercury Coupe Traditional Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Blake84, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well @Blake84 your dream is really transitioning in an incredibly stunning fashion...quite the thing to witness...big thumbs up to all involved...Very happy for you...

Blake84 likes this.
  2. Blake84

Blake84

3. Blake84

Blake84

The final Rendering by Rik @customcarchronicle. This will be the car done in paint using a pic of my Mercury now that stance, chop and skirts are done. It's crazy to see the old roofline on a 40 Mercury compared to how it looks now! Blake-Weddington-1940-Mercury-RH03(1).jpg Screenshot_20191204-120337_Instagram.jpg

36 ROKIT, slim38, hfh and 5 others like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...absolutely nailing perfection @Blake84 and yeah there really is something lurking in those original lines indeed...:)

Is that bottom pic of the three an inspiration by @Rikster as well?

Are you going to run trim along the bottom edges similar to the top Inspiration?

I'd also like to compliment the Menges Team on both their shop and their craftsmanship in metal and otherwise...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  5. funny a 40 Mercury it's quit a beauty, but compared to a chopped one it looks like a ugly duck.

Stogy likes this.
  6. A Boner

A Boner

Fantastic!

Stogy likes this.
  7. greener200

greener200

WOW ! That before an after is crazy. THAT Baby is a bullet! CONGRATULATIONS on you vision ,your talent and commitment to have it followed through .

Stogy likes this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I tried not to say that...:D

It is interesting Ford Versus/Comparably to Mercury in styling are in complete different leagues indeed...I'm sure it has it's money angles but it almost looked like a removable Hardtop in a not so complimentary way...

Another interesting thing is they seem a natural for Sleek Elegant Custom where it's Ford Cousin took much more to match style in Custom...this of course is just my opinion...;)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  9. TheSteamDoc

TheSteamDoc

That's looking sweet man.