Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What have I done

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimsF1, Dec 1, 2019.

1. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Good project if you didn't pay more than $600 for it. Keep us posted on progress

loudbang likes this.
  2. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

On the single taillight question, the standard Chevrolet pickups typically came with one light on the left side, like yours. The Chevys also only came with a left side sun visor. That being said, some states may have required a light on both sides, on trucks registered in that state. I would guess that yours came with only one, if there is no indication of one on the right. Once the truck left the dealer, it's anybody's guess what was installed on it. I know it's fun to learn as much as possible about our individual vehicles, but without a sales agreement, or reciepts for dealer installed items, you really just do not know.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  3. JimsF1

JimsF1

Th
    Thanks for the input 66.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. JimsF1

JimsF1

To any one who knows should I always come back yo the post to show the latest photos

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  5. JimsF1

JimsF1

20191206_140558.jpg 20191206_173853.jpg What I did today

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. JimsF1

JimsF1

7. JimsF1

JimsF1

Because I'm still learning here about forum etiquette I may have lost some of you

started a new thread "What am I doing " and just want to let you know that though the forum instructor hasn't smacked my hand with a ruler I was post the progress there. Please feel free to educate and discipline me as necessary

40FORDPU and loudbang like this.
  8. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

If you are starting a new thread, it would be appreciated if you would post a link to the new thread on here, although I don't understand why you would change threads.

loudbang likes this.
  9. loudbang

loudbang

10. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

It is a sickness and I have it.

loudbang and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  11. A suggestion..reference in your title the year, model, and that it's a build thread.
    Stick to that particular on going thread, adding new material as you go.
    People use the search thread tool, and in so doing will be able to find it and add/gather/input information about your build.

loudbang, Desoto291Hemi and Thor1 like this.
  12. chopndrop

chopndrop

Because VIN numbers were not standardized until the 80s. Most online readers are wanting 17 digits for that system, but your old Ford just used a serial number. Some identifying info can be decoded using that. Just going to have to search for your specific application. fh_vinchart_51-52trucks.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  13. JimsF1

JimsF1

Thanks Chopndrop