Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects been a while..63 409 impala progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Oh yeah , I really miss your 53!!!!

Tony likes this.
  2. Tony

Tony

yeah Jim, it has! time flys man.
    i did have to do a lot to it to save it. the left rear quarter below the trim had to be replaced.
    but the inner rockers were gone, floors were gone, trunk floor was wasted as was the rear seat pan area.
    it’s crazy how the outer rockers and pass quarter were damn near perfect.
    anyway, i had to do a lot of metal work to bring it back and make it look like it wasn’t touched.
    honestly speaking the body itself was borderline worth saving but because it had the paint and trim code i just had to hahaha
    hope you’re doing well.
    thanks man!
    Tony

3. All is well here. I am still working on the 34.

Tony likes this.
  4. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Andy bought that F1 from me with the Merc flathead. Bastage still has my vise grip steering lever haha.

There may have been a hacked a hacked up Model A body in the mix also.

Both of you guys came up in snow storms and had to slide off the hill....

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Tony likes this.
  5. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

6. Tony

Tony

man i’ve told the story about getting that car many times! we were getting like 3” and hour that day.
    took me like 3 1/2 hrs to get there and 6 to get home. scary ride down that mountain towing a trailer! lmao

7. Tony

Tony

thanks man. i think about it quite a bit. the dude that bought it has treated it well and has done a nice job of finishing it up.

8. You had a scary ride. I was completely overloaded. I had that HUGE Niagara shear in my truck bed for Fiederspiel, a 32 frame and some vehicle (don't remember what is was). NO trailer brakes and my truck was 2 WD at the time. Scary as SHIT coming down that Mountain. And a very interesting ride home in the heavy snow storm to say the least. No time to be tired on that trip, my ass cheeks sucked down to the seat and white knuckles all the way home that night. Adrenalin fix all the way home, 5 hours.

Pretty sure I was picking up the truck with Andy, I had the Shear in the bed of my truck, had to load the truck on backwards to get the motor weight as far back ass possible to counter act the weight of the shear. All I remember it was one sketchy ass ride home.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  9. bchctybob

bchctybob

Man, the things we do to get our projects, huh?..... That's one damn nice looking '63.
    IMHO that's the best color scheme available back then; Maroon with the black interior. Then add the 409/4 spd, awesome! I hope your Dad can drive and enjoy it.
    Those cars sure have a strange frame, don't they? My old buddy Brian Smith used to do a lot of low rider stuff in Inglewood, Ca. He used to wrap those frames in 1/4" plate, add gussets and braces then install hydraulics so they could perform all the strange gyrations they like to do. He had those frames stacked up in front of his shop like cord wood. He did so many that he made patterns and had all the plates and stuff cut by a flame cutting company.

Tony likes this.
  10. Any way, Awesome progress on the car. Not so much progress on my 34:(

11. Tony

Tony

i guess we both had fun hahaha
    i had some meaty tires on my 2500HD and was in 4 low coming down and just followed Joe in his jeep cause i had no idea where i was going. all i knew was if the weight of that car took over we were in for a hell of a ride lmao
    and thanks man! that 34 will get done. like i said, this car sat for like 4 years, and my 32 sat for 14 so i get it.
    it’ll be killer when it’s done though.

Tony

12. Tony

Tony

thanks! it’s my personal favorite color combination, along with bench seat.