Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Summit Racing Pro Account???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panhead_pete, Dec 2, 2019.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does anyone here gave a pro account or similar with Summit Racing or another discount program with them which is open to shops building cars etc? Hoping to open one myself and would like some feedback 1st.
    Thanks
    Pete

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I have a racer account at Jegs which is the same thing, saves you a couple of dollars only , but its something they do to keep you coming back

panhead_pete likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

I spent a lot of money at summit last year...this year, when I log on, it goes to "Pro Shop" login page all by itself.

I don't know what's up with it, I haven't really checked into what's going on.

But I'm not really into the whole "marketing" thing, anyways.

4. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

The Summit Pro Shop account is worth while and will definitely save you some money. Since you have a shop you should look into their wholesale division. It used to be called Atech Motorsports. The Summit Pro Shop is a racer discount as I understood it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    panhead_pete likes this.

5. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I get a free breakfast at Denny's on my birthday.

trollst likes this.
  6. 5window

5window

How many birthdays will they let you have a year?

7. DRD57

DRD57

I have an Atech account with Summit. The order minimum for free shipping goes up to $400. below that it's a flat rate of $10.99. There generally is not free shipping on returns. The discount varies by product. They want you to do about $1000. a month to have an Atech account.

panhead_pete likes this.
  8. Silverplate

Silverplate

We have an Atech account. Substantial savings. We always pick up our orders.

panhead_pete likes this.
  9. I had a Pro Shop account for years with my NHRA number. I haven't been racing for a few years so I don't pay NHRA a penny anymore. Anyway , Summit did an audit and then cancelled my account.
    Oh well. I guess I'll buy from Jegs for a while.;)

10. Allmotor

Allmotor

We have accounts with Atech and Motorstate, both are good companies and easy to deal with.

panhead_pete likes this.
  11. lake_harley

lake_harley

^^^^Motor State Distributing. Great people and service. I do wish they had a bit broader line of hot rod oriented parts though.

Speedway Motors used to have a wholesale program, and I used it too, but don't know if it's still active. Discounts weren't very deep and you could get just about as good a deal by taking advantage of the free shipping on orders over $100. Maybe it's been "improved"?

Lynn

12. 5window

5window

I would have tried it,too, but you can hardly blame Summit for dropping you when you didn't really qualify for the discount you were receiving. It's not like they billed you for the money you saved when you didn't deserve to.

13. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks all, much appreciated.

14. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Speedways is called the Mr Roadster program.says a few bucks