Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Damn, I'm going to miss him

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51504bat, Nov 30, 2019.

1. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lost a good friend and mentor yesterday. He fought the big C for over 10 years. Looking back my '39 p/u would probably not be the daily driver it is today. He helped or should I say pretty much ramrodded just about everything from the rewire to the rebuilt 8ba install. And it was done in the shop I built that he helped wire so that it passed inspection the first go round. He could pretty much do anything. I just started a '54 ranch wagon project and for a variety of reasons its slow to get off the ground but the main reason is he's not here for assistance and advice. Although I'm sure he's telling St. Peter right now that the pearly gates aren't hung properly and that they should have been powder counted not painted. Most of us are getting older and starting to loose those close to us which is inevitable and I know he is no longer in pain but its still difficult to accept. God speed Ron, everyone who knew you is better for knowing you.

2. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Tough to lose a friend.

May he Rest In Peace.

Stogy, OLSKOOL57 and 51504bat like this.
  3. Please except my condolences, loosing close friends is one of the pains we all have to or will endure, at my age I have had to say goodbye to more than I ever dreamed.

Just concentrate on all the good times and the past unpleasantness of Ron's illness will fade with time. HRP

4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Sorry to hear that. Remember the good times.

5. So sorry, yes we are all losing good friends at an all to fast pace.
    I have a life long friend who is in bad condition right now. I cannot think of losing him. Time is short for us old hot rodders .
    “God Bless”

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

williebill, Stogy, OLSKOOL57 and 2 others like this.
  6. 26Troadster

26Troadster

sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace.

7. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy do I understand your loss.....I had a good friend and employee die going on 11 years ago. He fought the big C about two months. I still miss him and haven't moved his Coke spit can from the bead blaster yet....may their memories live on and we can trust that Jimmy and Ron are new buddys'

Stogy, Thor1, OLSKOOL57 and 2 others like this.
  8. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

We hear you … once we hit around 60 yrs, it seems like it happens way more often than it should.

9. williebill

williebill

I can relate to what Winduptoy wrote. I lost an employee this summer who'd been here 11 years, and basically grown up here. He died much too young at 27, and we still talk about him all the time, as the exceptional, one of a kind person he was. We haven't moved his water jug, his silly hand written notes, or any of his stuff. Everybody understands who knew him. Sorry for the OP's loss.

Stogy, Thor1, OLSKOOL57 and 2 others like this.
  10. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Sorry for your loss.
    I expect his number will never leave your phone.

11. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

My condolences to you, his family and friends. Tough to see our elders and friends pass. One thing I’ve learned over the years is to try to keep in touch regularly and be sure all our conversations and exchanges end on a positive note.

ffr1222k, williebill, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  12. catdad49

catdad49

It's always tough to lose a buddy, hope there is some comfort knowing that you are not alone in this situation.

13. Amen to that last sentence. HRP

Stogy, OLSKOOL57, 51504bat and 2 others like this.
  14. Bills 50

Bills 50
    from Roanoke Va

RIP... Don't take your friends and mentors for granted!

15. v860rich

v860rich

RIP...We loose too many, too soon!

THANX RICH

16. Life can be a bitch. Sorry for your loss.

17. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

AVater you couldn't have said it better! RIP

18. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Sorry for your loss. He sounds like a great guy. I kind of think as long as we remember and tell old stories about them, raise a drink to them, and honor they're memory they're never really gone. Prayers to all involved.

51504bat, Stogy and Driver50x like this.
  19. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Sometimes it helps to put your feelings into words, and you did a fine job of honoring your friend.

20. ol skool chevy

ol skool chevy

My condolences to you

51504bat and Stogy like this.
  21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to you and the Family and friends in the loss of your great Friend and Mentor Ron.

Regards,
    Stogy

AVater and 51504bat like this.
  22. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

My condolences brother. I lost a great friend and boss of mine to the c word last month too. He was a car guy and big gentle giant. It sucks!

Stogy and 51504bat like this.
  23. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I’m so sorry to hear this . Prayers are going out to all .

Stogy, AVater and 51504bat like this.
  24. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks everyone. Your comments make it a little easier. Got to get back to working on the ranch wagon cause that is what he would want me to do.

25. Very sorry for your loss, I've lost a lot of good friends over the years. I'm fighting lung cancer right now but I'm WINNING the battle, I don't have time to be sick because I've got a '47 Ford to build.

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sincere sympathy goes out to his Family, yourself and his other friends - years back a close friend passed and I left a voice message from him on my phone for a long time - it was comforting to just hear his voice now and then

27. reagen

reagen

28. Sorry to hear of your loss.....I lost many a running buddie - Tom in his 1950 F-1 the start of our senior year and it seemed one a year through our 20's......pretty sure those are the bangs in the head I get every now and then as I try to make builds work.....hang tough !

51504bat likes this.
  29. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

My condolences to Ron's family and loved ones.

Since 2010 more than a handful of guys from my circle of car buds have passed away, including my brother. Chris, Denny, Cadillac Dave, JR, Jim, Floyd, Al... It's to the point now, that you have to have to wonder who's next. Every year we gather at Back to the 50's to drink a toast and remember our friends...

51504bat likes this.