Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Will you be traveling in your hot rod or custom for the Thanksgiving weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 27, 2019.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Pics?

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. Streets are clear and dry. Wind is calm today. Yesterday sustained wind 25 mph, gusts to 60.

Anyway, it would take longer to get the rod uncovered and out of the garage than to walk ten minutes to my daughter's home.

Phil

3W JOHN, Okie Pete and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. Just drove the wagon a few miles to grocery store a for those last minute items, always seem to forget something. HRP

3W JOHN and Okie Pete like this.
  4. Being Southern I have smoked a ton of meat & poultry but my all time favorite is turkey, I learn the heavenly art of smoking Turkey when I was a teenager and I smoked 3 early this morning.

The first time I tried it and took it to my mom's for Christmas she said she would never cook another Turkey , I loved my mom but her turkey was as dry as the Sahara, I have smoked as many as 12 turkey's during the holiday for friend's and extended family. HRP

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  5. Staying Home! But tb33anda3rd was out with his nice 33 Chevy today to pick up some homemade cookies from my lovely Wife. :cool:
    IMG_6418.JPG Hurry home Ted to dig in!:p IMG_6421.JPG

MO_JUNK, 3W JOHN, charleyw and 8 others like this.
  6. Mark, I never noticed the pond in the past, is that in your front yard? HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

8. It’s a beater...
    5B333B4B-5210-44E2-A7DA-30DFC2335EAD.jpeg

9. Yep! Going up to see the Grand-Kids. 500 miles round trip.

IMG_2466.JPG

Latigo, MO_JUNK, 3W JOHN and 9 others like this.
  10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Oh yeah, Thats one of my favorite trucks on here! Seriously;)

11. Yes, view from my front porch! IMG_8655.JPG

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  12. thecj3man

thecj3man
    from TN

upload_2019-11-28_17-33-17.jpeg

I drove my gang of yayhoos to visit family in the old 55. It was a fine day for a drive in East Tennessee.

Montana1, MO_JUNK, 3W JOHN and 8 others like this.
  13. Beautiful car and family. HRP

3W JOHN, j3harleys and arkiehotrods like this.
  14. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I will be next year. We split Thanksgiving every other year and my MIL just moved from Dunnellon to cocoa beach fla. both easy drives. I usually go Thursday through Saturday every other year. This year took the hot rod out with my Dad to Get coffee and relax while my. Mom and wife prepared Thanksgiving. Nice day. IMG_7881.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

15. No traveling for me. Instead, hungry hoards of relatives and in-laws are descending on us like a plague of honey badgers with a piranha in each hand. Last year there was one biscuit left and I just tossed it in the middle of the table. It was like centering the puck at a hockey game. I barely got my hand pulled back in time. :rolleyes: :p

3W JOHN, OFT, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  16. thecj3man

thecj3man
    from TN

Thank you very much. I am a lucky man, it has taken me a while to realize it, but I have a lot to be thankful for.

17. I too have witnessed the feeding frenzy among some of my relatives that have obviously been denied any sustenance for a week the way they consume every morsel, including that last roll.:rolleyes: HRP

3W JOHN and Lil32 like this.
  18. No. I had major surgery last Friday and won't be released to drive for six weeks.

19. 3W JOHN likes this.
  20. OK, Danny.....it's a photo from last year but we have some snow on the ground right now...'bout an inch.

21. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Rain and upper 30s today. Made me appreciate the New Port Engineering wipers in the '40. Also learned the '40 can get squirrelly real quick when you mash on the throttle while driving on wet pavement! Ate too much pie.

22. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Love the 55 and Little Mans Bibs, little girl is a cutie too, Looks like an awesome pic to keep;)

23. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

So your white plymouth in your avatar is black now?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

No. It is still White. The white Plymouth is a Pace Car Convertible and I am building the Black one to be more of a hot rod. The Med Metallic Red 65 is my Dads Plymouth. All big block Sport Fury’s. 10C8E0DB-8B5A-4593-9382-647060DF3170.jpeg 8ABC26C6-71CF-4FDD-8E46-97064F352A58.jpg CD420F0F-B44D-4976-B260-BACD3E34D0B8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

25. I just recently purchased a New Port Engineering wiper for my old Deuce beater, I haven't installed it yet but after seeing just how well they worked I was sold. HRP

26. Gman0046

Gman0046

Had a great Thanksgiving with my Daughters family. My wife Kathy out did herself with the turkey and all the trimmings. Made me realize how lucky I am.

HOTRODPRIMER, 3W JOHN and 65pacecar like this.
  27. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope you heal quickly and with a minimum of pain. Drive the hot rod NEXT Thanksgiving !

28. Hope your feeling better and healing up faster than the doctors predicted, just listen to them and follow their orders. HRP

29. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I just got home and I'm leaving in the morning for another short trip this weekend.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.