Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bald old new guy requests info on vintage Sprint car

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by All Beat To Hell, Nov 25, 2019.

1. All Beat To Hell

All Beat To Hell

Hello everybody! I've been visiting the HAMB for years, but never signed up until now. Why? I don't know. I've been amazed and impressed by all the info, history and stories posted on this site. I've been involved and building hot rods for over 40 years and I've enjoyed it immensely. I've always had a soft spot for vintage race cars of all sorts, whether drag racing, road racing, dirt track, early Nascar, salt flats, off road, even motorcycles. Maybe cause one of my earliest memories was my Dad sitting me on the car fender watching jalopies racing from a hilltop outside Stillwater MN when I was 3 years old? Nevertheless, once in your blood, it never goes away.
    I'd like to make a request for info on a vintage Sprint car I purchased some months ago. Apparently, this was built in 1953 by a guy named Bill Rhoades in Paris, Illinois. I purchased it with the intention of a SBC and using it for vintage shows/exhibitions. That was until I started going through it. It appears as though this is in original condition? All panels, nose and tail are aluminum. Culver City - QC. , etc... I don't want to change it if it has historical meaning and should be restored. Any info from anyone? Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
    Thanks again! P1010013 (6).JPG P1010011 (6).JPG

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

3. All Beat To Hell

All Beat To Hell

Thank you. I just emailed them. Hopefully, someone will recognize it. Thanks again!

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

5. All Beat To Hell

All Beat To Hell

Thank you DDDenny. I'll give it a shot in a few.

6. All Beat To Hell

All Beat To Hell

Wow! That sprint car thread is awesome! Good stuff! Thanks again!

7. Please post what you find out.

8. All Beat To Hell

All Beat To Hell

I sure will. Hopefully, I'll get the history on this car, or to be honest, any info at all.