Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New ride for me! Yaaaaay!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Oct 16, 2019.

1. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Beautiful 40, from what I’ve seen anything Ron touches is done with pride and skill.
    I’m proud to call him friend and always enjoy catching up with him at an event.
    You did real good.

2. nor6304

nor6304
    from Indiana

Thank you for the kind words Dave You know I also feel the same way Lucky to have you as my friend & just enjoy catching up with you when meet at the shows The trips & pictures you post here are a joy to take in

i.rant and loudbang like this.
  3. I'm now 100% legally tagged and registered with 10-UH-C.
    Filled her up and put some miles on her.
    Hats off to Ron for building a sound, solid car. Rides great, steers great, runs great. Thanks!!
    20191121_145329.jpg

4. sololobo

sololobo

what an awesome 40, can't wait to see it wearing some steelies. Enjoy brother ya done great!!

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  5. You've gone and done it again! Those are rare!
    Call next time you're in this neck of the woods, and if you have time, I'll buy your lunch.

6. Really, really nice 40 - can’t wait for my 40 pickup to be done so I can get my “40 fix”!

7. Come on Santa, mags are for guns not cars. Nice score!

8. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great 40! What transmission is that?

loudbang likes this.
  9. Thanks, all credit goes to Ron (NOR6304). It's a 50 Ford pickup, open drive, three speed.
    Rebuilt by Ron.

10. nor6304

nor6304
    from Indiana

Thank you Bill but really you are the one deserving the credit You are bringing the car back to life & enjoying it That's the way it is supposed to happen I wish you well with the car & look forward to meeting you sometime down the road Ron

hotrodA and loudbang like this.
  11. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That´s one beautiful 40! Congrats to all involved!

lothiandon1940, hotrodA and loudbang like this.
  12. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Hey Bill, Looks like you are having fun with the 40, hope it has turned out to be all you hoped it would be. Have a nice Thanksgiving, I'll bet you could get two hundred turkeys in that trunk or a whole lot of shine.

13. Little by little, I'm getting some seat time in. Ran a load of dew over to Bean Station......Whoops. Sorry. Channeling my 40 shine runner alter persona. Some in the tank helped the flattie.:eek: What a great driver!
    20191125_164421.jpg

14. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Congrats ! Enjoy every minute it . This is a great hobby , you worked hard for the time you have to enjoy it .

hotrodA and loudbang like this.
  15. What a beauty! I LOVE my 34 coupe but I still want a 40 [or 39] coupe to squire my missus around in. She needs windows, A/C, insulation and a smooth ride.
    That is one good lookin car!

lothiandon1940, hotrodA and loudbang like this.
  16. Thanks, Rocky! If you weren't so far away, you could buy my project 40 coupe and build it for her.

17. Conversation sent....

18. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

^^^ Go for it Rocky.
    Love that 40! There's something about a 40 Deluxe Coupe dressed in black. Iconic as it is, it really pulls at the heart strings.

I love 34's too, but the 40 is a close second. Never mind that it was my first heartbreak (the one that got away). In the early 70's about age 14, at the very end of my daily paper route, sat a 40 Deluxe Coupe in a driveway. Stock body, all the trim was present as was the (ratty) mohair interior and bubbled quarter windows. Someone in the past had chromed all the garnish. It was finished in an old coat of black primer and when it was raining, that car was gloss black and arrow perfect! I'd spent a lot of time admiring the car and built it in my mind (black w red, orange, yellow flames of course). I'd There was never anyone around the home.
    One day after my route, I was siting on my bike in the driveway next to the car looking at it. Then there was a voice; "If you want it, it's for sale". A middle aged guy was standing on the porch. He calmly walked down, opened the hood and said "got a 283 that doesn't run, rest is stock". "I'm moving and have to sell it. I'll take $600 for it". My Dad knew zip about cars and as hard as I tried, I couldn't talk my Parents into helping me buy a "non running car" for $600. A week later, the 40 was gone. It ate at me for awhile, but I started really busting my ass and saved enough to buy a running 55 Chevy 2 dr when I was 15...

loudbang and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  19. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

sweet ride, congrats.
    I'd drive it. :D

20. ...........The shine would feel right at home. Make that run up to Cosby.;) facebook_1521147516627.jpg

Woogeroo and loudbang like this.
  21. Your '40 would have been "Popcorn approved".:D;) 01-image (1) (1).jpg

Hamtown Al and loudbang like this.