Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Chrome Platers in Chicago... recommendations

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AD8, Nov 26, 2019.

1. AD8

AD8
    from Chicago

A little advice, if you please...

Rear-ended by a driver while he was texting. The bumper on my Ol’ ‘55 (88) is a little twisted and in need of straightening and a rechrome. Not Pebble Beach quality; This car is driven.

Prefer opinions from members of the Journal to the anonymous posters online. I know chrome shops are being regulated out of business and are fewer these days... Any advice/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

2. alumslot

alumslot

I've used A&R custom Chrome 4556 W. 62nd St. Chicago. 773/498/9226 or 708/728/1005. They did a lot of chrome on my Henry J bumper,hood ornament, and other items. They do straighten bumpers. They do have a sign that says NOT show chrome. I do have some small bubbles. If I had more to chrome I would use them.

Jim

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

There's a HAMBer with a chrome shop in, I think, Indiana. ChromePlaterJosh, maybe.

4. Slopok

Slopok

The Finishing Touch Inc.
    5580 NW Hwy Chgo.
    773-774-7349
    Good work but Expen$ive!

Rich B. likes this.

5. Rich B.

Rich B.
    Member Emeritus
    from Portage,IN

Slopok is right they are not cheap, but great quality. Iv'e used
    them in the past.

Rich

6. Chainsaw chipper

Chainsaw chipper
    from Illinois

Stream wood plating,Stream wood,Ill on Ruby street ask for Todd,never had a complaint when I got my parts back and rather timely for part turn around.Anything worth plating is worth doing correctly.Usually priced (very fair) to condition before the part is started and yes he HAS pulled a few rabbits out of the hat for me on things I thought might be beyond repair.Ken

Lumpyswillys likes this.
  7. I've used Streamwood Plating on Brandy Parkway with good results. They also do other playing materials in addition to chrome.

Phil

Lumpyswillys likes this.
  8. AD8

AD8
    from Chicago

Thanks to all who have taken the time to respond... Tips and advice from HAMB membership has always proven to be top-notch. I now have a solid base of platers to contact and am confident I won’t be disappointed. Thanks again.

Enjoy the holidays!

Jim