Register now to get rid of these ads!

Back to the 50s - Minneapolis - PICS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stoggie, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Left home Thursday morning with a friends car that he wanted to get up to Minneapolis for this show. 30 miles from home the Cad motor took out a rod bearing from what we can tell. We had to loop back and get the truck and trailer....bu the time we got it loaded we decided to just bring it with us and check it out up here.

Lots of good stuff despite the rain. Check out the pics here....http://public.fotki.com/tstoggie/hot_rod_albums/back_to_the_50s/

2. Stevie D

Stevie D

Nice pics.It was a blast this year. Another good show.Hey did you make it down to the hamb meet and greet.There was so many people there i forgot names.

3. Thanks, stoggie.....you saved me a lot of walking. :D

4. ray

ray
    from colorado

rain at BTT50's? whodathunkit?:D

seems i remember once it didn't rain all weekend.

5. krooser

krooser

I'm still suffering from Billet Overload BUT the HAMB Meet-n-Greet made the weekend great....

6. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

7. J.Switchblade

J.Switchblade
    from Minnesota

nice pics, i went today but wont have my pics up for a while.

8. radical56chevy

radical56chevy

thanks for the pics..

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

thanks for the pics of the wagons and woodies. that tan chevy wagon looked like it was really done nice. How was the wood graining up close. I seen your one pic but was wondering about the rest

10. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

Stoggie I Hated to here about the motor in Eds 37. I walked into the parts store fri. morning for parts for my truck and told them the car was on its way to the 50s. Boy was I shocked whe they said (ya they had already talked to him and he was looking for parts to fix it). Its now trailer trash

11. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

I haven't been to that show in 8 yrs and i think it doubled in size this yr. What a nice show.

12. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I like all the front axle pic's.Interesting seeing what other people do.
    The headlights mounted to the wishbone..think they might vibrate a little?
    The simple tabs on one for the shocks,that's a good idea and clean.

Never been,just the name of the show...poodle skirts,Mustang Sally on a loop through the PA,drive in trays with fake food.Scares me.But I'm probably wrong,most times I am.

13. Nice pics, I took my camra but didn't take it out all weekend. If it wasn't for the rain it been a perfect. The HAMB meet was great! But we need more name tags. The worst part about 50's is if you want a ok spot with shade near is having to get in line to get into the fair grounds at 4-5 in the morning. I won't do it any more, I just go at 8-9 am and park anywhere. This year with the rain I got a "good" spot, right next to the Billet Specilty's booth. Brought the property values down, Ha! Swap meet was WET!
    Oh, did you notice that the music wasn't blasting this year.
    Later.

14. Was that the Kookie T repop that Von Franco did?

Anyone have any information on these air cleaners:?

[​IMG]

15. kermit

kermit
    from WI

Boy the BTT50's sure seems to have a major communication problem....with everything.

We paid $100/site/weekend to stay in the South campgrounds. This included no shade, lots of dirt, dust and no electric or water. We were told it was sold out. Yet we saw them charge some late unreserved arrivals $20/night. WTF???

Their flyer said the auction was Fri and Sat. It was only Sat. and the times were listed wrong. WTF???

We asked them what the awards and giveaway list was for !1PM Sunday. Nobody knew. Indecision, coupled with too much rain, flooded campsite and swap area caused me to go home early today. The vendor maze also sucks since they do not even have a map or clue as to where a certain vendor might be located. WTF???

Kermit:mad:

16. Pyro

Pyro
    from Marcy, NY

17. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Dennis, I sold those to him, they are the air scoops off of a 50's Caddy, they are for the rear air conditioner, they are on the rear fenders just behind the rear window.

B:DB

18. Your in good company I made it 72 miles when out of no were comes the death knock...so I pull over check it out decide to put it on the trailer and take it any how....pull my 32 of trailer and 53 Chev goes on .... get to the hotel, look it over and realize it's the rod bearing....So I decided that it was only a few miles to registration I'll drive it over there..make it 2 blocks done ...Know I get to change a motor before Milwaukee Nationals .Still had an awsome time sold my 32, got a lot of great info and pics of Gasser 55 chevys.....Thanks 63cadguy

19. It was great talking with ya Louver, can't wait to see your gasser. I'll throw some pics up when I get them resized. I wish I had made the meet and greet, sounds like it was fun, but did run into a few HAMBer's and had a great time.

20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

just made it home and studying for a chem exam in the morning, ill post some pix tomorow and a short video of the meet and great

tim

21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

i ever mention how much i dont like chem?

heres some pix

gasser with a flaked dash, had a hamb sticker but didnt meet anyone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hamb meet

[​IMG]

santa

[​IMG]

backsteelies, tim, johnnycola

[​IMG]

checking out venders with bleed and tuck

[​IMG]

whats that? its a one way street? what about the sidewalk?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. got a few pics of the HAMB meet and cars myself , we gotta do name tags next year though- five minutes later I lost all memory of who's who-CRS,LOL,overall a great weekend ,bit wet now + again , heat was perfect, 12069 cars this year :eek: ,kinda lame swap I thought, but givin the rain I guess it was ok picked a couple things got took on a radio, but figured that in on the price and took a chance:( ,Ply ran great w only a couple issues, flexplate lost a couple teeth on a kickback Sat., so now I need a new 400 flexplate B4 it shreds the starter next and on the way home the speedo started howling and jumping to 100 MPH ,I used the tach after I disconnected it in Anoka :rolleyes: ,great seeing all the HAMB people and finally putting faces to names :D .

Attached Files:

23. overspray

overspray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's 31Rodder's Poncho 389. He did a nice job fabbing them from mid fifties AC scoops.

overspray

24. I did make one surprising observation , prices are on their way down at least at BTT50's , some great deals on cars in and out of the swap cars selling for over 22.000 are now going in the mid teens :eek: , I saw dozens in the under 10 g range,but PLENTY in the high BLING range 30,000 UP areas,The first day I had 5 guys ask "Is it for sale or How much?" "not 4 sale" I'd say the last guy got a smart mouth and says "EVERYTHING is for sale " "OK, 25 GRAND" then saw smoke coming off his feet as he got outa there -FAST, LOL,finally thought it over and put 19 on the Ply , still not for sale, BUT if someone was to put down the cash, I'd have to think about it :rolleyes: BUT not very long or hard, LOL,no takers after that, thank golly :D ,only pic of the Ply I took all weekend- Sun afternoon at our campsite on the way out to go home :D

Attached Files:

26. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Hey Merc,
    Whatta want to know about the blue 5 window?
    That's my best friends car! I helped him with it, so I know it pretty well.
    Despite how it may look, it is completely home built other than the final paint and interior. He built it in his 2 car garage. It's a car you really have it look at for a while to catch all the details on. He just finished it this spring, and has almost 1,000 miles on it already. He's not afraid to drive it hard either!

27. Bull

Bull

You got my car in there :):
    [​IMG]

28. Wow,,,great pictures. Thanks for the trip dowm memory lane. I have only been a member of the HAMB for less than a year now and I still can't get used to the creativity, workmanship and down right cool ideas you guys come up with for cars. HOWEVER, I truly wish that we could do something about the "metooitis", or better known as the, "nhrasbcitis" that is ever creeping into this category. Now don't get me wrong, sbc's are obviously good engines and if a person is creative, they can be made to look cool, but hey, these are old cars and, in my humble opinion, they should have old engines in them. I really get excitied when I see an Olds or Caddy or a Pony, or a Nailhead or Ford Y-block or MEL or an older FE engine. That looks really cool and shows super creativity. I know it's harder and more expensive, buy hey guys,,,,,you alr4ady got a wad in it, so lets do it right........Just my opinion

29. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

So you don't think inliners are cool?????? :( :( :(

"I really get excitied when I see an Olds or Caddy or a Pony, or a Nailhead or Ford Y-block or MEL or an older FE engine. That looks really cool and shows super creativity".

B:eek:B

30. rad red

rad red
    from MN

I got to spend a few sunny minutes on Saturday with BobK and Skip327 - really nice to meet you guys!

Here's a few pics..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]